Zgemma Tuner

In terms of the internal ones they are fixed (ie you can only enable or disable each one of them). You can however add additional USB tuners - have done it with a freeview stick I had knocking about and never used. You can also add a USB hub so don't worry about running out of ports!

Add every tuner you could possibly want!! ;) DVB-s2, T2, C or all of em if you fancy......

Last edited:
Not sure about on the cheap, haven't got virgin here so no need for me.... a quick google and check of openatv found that the sundtek ones are best supported (£72 ish delivered) but that being said I plugged in an el-cheapo rtl chipset dvb-t tuner and that worked fine, maybe worth having a look on ebay for the dvb-c tuners and take a punt... for around £16-20 it's got to be worth a go??

I opted for a opti-combo in the end looking at the the drivers list on the box most of them are dvb-t drivers the combo was the only dvb-c that was a reasonable price the dvbsky prices are insane!

Are there any limits on the amount of tunes allowed became it's possible I could go quad 2x sat 2x cable. Could the box handle that?

Although the box itself could probably handle four tuners I'm fairly sure that two tuners of the same make and model wouldn't be possible in Linux no matter what the box.... Please let us know how you get on with your opyi-combo :-)

Hmmm I'm not sure? the gigablue quad supports 2xsat and 2xcable but is alot more expensive, I'm trying to do it on the cheap lol

And yep it's coming from Germany so will take upto a week on the upside tho openatv 4.2 and above is supported so it should go ok fingers crossed

Did you install the manufacturers driver or the one from ATV plugins menu? Will be surprised if using Vix is any different

Ok so with vix it gets to 49 then restarts from 00 but doesn't show .in tuners. I'll take a look cheers sucmnsee

Just tried the driver usb tuner all.ipx and the box would not get past boot so I'm gonna reflash and keep trying lol

Officially from the horses mouth:

Hello Daniel,

The Zgemma is not an official product and not listed as one of our Linux tested receivers. Zgemma is a Chinese brand that is produced by many manufacturers in Shenzhen. These are not stable high end receivers and support is limited.*

All of the HMP-combo tuners have been vigorously tested it works for Vu+, Xtrend and GigaBlue brands.*

Please be reminded the HMP-Combo Tuners are genuine products.

How much did you pay for the Zgemma? Did you download the firmware directly from OpenATV? **

Kind regards,

So.I just brought a gigablue plus quad, so much for saving money lol! On the upside when it arrives on Monday I'll have a quad receiver (3x 2S 1x C) with the possibility of a 5th tuner if needed

Back