Syncler

I use torrent trackers and a plex share to watch media since I read that older movies and niche movies are not in good quality on Syncler. I like watching remuxes and web-dls as much as as possible and quality is very important to me. Is syncler good for high quality? Looking to make the switch if that is the case. Thank you in advance
Personally quality is better for me than stremio. I’ve had a few issues with playback of older TV series in 4K, but I think it’s more that the file is actually available in 4K, it’s just some dodgy torrent file.

I'm using RD account on both

This is interesting, so I have found films in the past that were showing no sources in Stremio. Maybe a week or so later I've looked again on Stremio and it now has a source. Not sure how or why, but it looks like this is another one. The other one I remember not showing on Stremio, but then later appearing, was "Eye of the Needle" with Donald Sutherland.

Personally quality is better for me than stremio. I’ve had a few issues with playback of older TV series in 4K, but I think it’s more that the file is actually available in 4K, it’s just some dodgy torrent file.
Ah, is there a way to identify the dodgy ones from the clean or is it just trial and error? I'll stick with plex for now but good to learn about other options.

I'm using RD account on both

This is interesting, so I have found films in the past that were showing no sources in Stremio. Maybe a week or so later I've looked again on Stremio and it now has a source. Not sure how or why, but it looks like this is another one. The other one I remember not showing on Stremio, but then later appearing, was "Eye of the Needle" with Donald Sutherland.
Hah, you mean your search triggered a request or something? That's weird but could just be a coincidence. I found the movie you mentioned on a plex share and the best quality is around 25GB. If debrid has an older movie like that in high quality I will probably drop my plex and invest in RD along with Stremio.

I use torrent trackers and a plex share to watch media since I read that older movies and niche movies are not in good quality on Syncler. I like watching remuxes and web-dls as much as as possible and quality is very important to me. Is syncler good for high quality? Looking to make the switch if that is the case. Thank you in advance.
If for some reason the scraper in Syncler didn’t find a good quality link I find my own torrent and add it to my RD cloud and watch it through the Syncler Real Debrid manager option or the other VOD app I use Weyd as it can also access my RD cloud.
I use Vimu occasionally as an external player to watch DV profile 7 remux files as it converts them on the fly as the internal Exo player used on Syncler and Weyd does not.
I tried Kodi and it converts profile 7 on the fly but I get audio issues with Dolby True-Hd.
Trakt integration works how it should on Syncler and Weyd for me switching between apps.
The scrapers on Syncler are the best I have used.
Once setup it doesn’t fail to find much but you have the option to add to your RD cloud if need be.

Also I see a lot talking about using RD manager along side Plex on Reddit but it’s not something I am interested in, so haven’t looked into it.

Last edited:
If for some reason the scraper in Syncler didn’t find a good quality link I find my own torrent and add it to my RD cloud and watch it through the Syncler Real Debrid manager option or the other VOD app I use Weyd as it can also access my RD cloud.
I use Vimu occasionally as an external player to watch DV profile 7 remux files as it converts them on the fly as the internal Exo player used on Syncler and Weyd does not.
I tried Kodi and it converts profile 7 on the fly but I get audio issues with Dolby True-Hd.
Trakt integration works how it should on Syncler and Weyd for me switching between apps.
The scrapers on Syncler are the best I have used.
Once setup it doesn’t fail to find much but you have the option to add to your RD cloud if need be.

Also I see a lot talking about using RD manager along side Plex on Reddit but it’s not something I am interested in, so haven’t looked into.
Good to know it can handle dolby vision profile 7 but a downer it can't do lossless audio codecs like Dolby true HD. I imagine dolby atmos and dolby plus will work swimmingly. I gave up on Kodi a while back because I found the menus and the interface a smidgen slow even on a shield.

Regarding throwing a tracker on your RD cloud, I would imagine older titles that aren't seeded well on public trackers does it just try to find from cache since it can't download because the torrent because it lacks seeds? I'm curious if you ever come across such a situation or is it able to find whatever you need the vast majority of the time and you don't need to resort to manual intervention too often.

Good to know it can handle dolby vision profile 7 but a downer it can't do lossless audio codecs like Dolby true HD. I imagine dolby atmos and dolby plus will work swimmingly. I gave up on Kodi a while back because I found the menus and the interface a smidgen slow even on a shield.

Regarding throwing a tracker on your RD cloud, I would imagine older titles that aren't seeded well on public trackers does it just try to find from cache since it can't download because the torrent because it lacks seeds? I'm curious if you ever come across such a situation or is it able to find whatever you need the vast majority of the time and you don't need to resort to manual intervention too often.
It is converting profile 7 so you are losing the FEL layer.
You would need a certain media player to play Dolby profile 7 with the FEL layer as no device running Android can achieve this yet.
Unless you want to use CoreELEC on Ugoos AM6.

If I don’t use a profile 7 file and pick maybe a HDR or profile 5 of 8.
My AVR and Android device reports Dolby True-HD Atmos or DTS-HD if the file has those audio profiles.
They do sound great but not sure if they are lossless without the FEL layer. Probably not
I have tested profile 7 using Vimu player and though my AVR and Android device doesn’t report Dolby True-HD Atmos I can’t tell the difference in sound compared to playing another profile or HDR file with Dolby True-HD Atmos.
If I use Vimu player with a file locally my hardware does report
Dolby True-HD. Not sure why when streaming it doesn’t.

I rarely use older content so can’t comment regarding your query.
I do use qBittorrent and have lots of search plugins installed so have usually found what I have been after on public trackers and yes maybe some content has not had a lot of seeders.
But RD eventually has downloaded it to my cloud
Like I say I don’t use much older content.
You would need to test for yourself.
I have been using RD coming up for about 9 years now and for value it’s great for €32 per year with one month free using your fidelity points.
I haven’t used Plex before so I can’t compare them.

Last edited:

Just been informed that the latest Kodi nightlies build plays Dolby True-HD without issue, which I did have.
I have tested it and True-HD and DTS-HD works without issue for me.
My AVR reports the correct sound profile.
Also Dolby profile 7 conversion works without issue.
I streamed the remux files when testing.

Back