Upgrading oscam version to ncam/icam query

For oscam try oscam latest available in download plugins, softcams.

Put your oscam.server file in /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest/

Restart your box.

Menu, setup, softcam managed, softcam script

Press right to choose oscam-latest

Press down on SoftcamScrip enable/disable cam restart press right to Restart softcam.

Green to save.

Oscam should now be running.

Goto OpenWebif using your box ip address.

Choose extras then OSCam Webinterface.

Select config and choose stream relay. Mode (requires OSCam restart) set to enable.

In caid add
098D,0960,0961,0963,0919,093B,09CD

Screenshot_2024-06-09-01-59-16-76_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Then restart oscam

any idea why this wont work with the latest oscam , follwed to the letter and channels dont clear.

stopped cam installed the old
Version: oscam-1.20_svn-r11718-798
Compiler: mipsel_cak7-icam_(samur) from downloads and its works.

any idea why this wont work with the latest oscam , follwed to the letter and channels dont clear.

stopped cam installed the old
Version: oscam-1.20_svn-r11718-798
Compiler: mipsel_cak7-icam_(samur) from downloads and its works.
Not all versions of oscam work with icam, the version r11718 is modified by samur as shown above.

just thought them instructions above with the latest oscam , it does have the script open would run ok.

i thought it was my end and not cam related,

so whilst im in the middle of updating to OpenVix 6.6 fresh install everything, not too big a deal to start from fresh, should that latest oscam via script method above works as Dsayers instructs.........

I am guessing there are two questions being bundled together.

Which oscam to install?
Any oscam newer than 11743.

Which method should I use to start oscam?
Use the script control method.
Do not use Softcam Manager as for lots of people especially those with mipsel receivers, oscam respawns. You then have several oscams running in the background and this causes your receiver to lockup. Of course you will get people who say they have no issues for several years.

In caid add
098D,0960,0961,0963,0919,093B,09CD
I've said it before somewhere, but i'll post it here too.

0919,093B do not exist anymore, so pointless adding those caid's.
09CD uses a different icam algo, so again pointless adding that caid as it is not public.

098C and 09C4 are both currently valid caid's for DE channels, so it "might" be worth adding those, as some servers do have valid cards using those caid's, but they are few and far between.

I am guessing there are two questions being bundled together.

Which oscam to install?
Any oscam newer than 11743.

Which method should I use to start oscam?
Use the script control method.
Do not use Softcam Manager as for lots of people especially those with mipsel receivers, oscam respawns. You then have several oscams running in the background and this causes your receiver to lockup. Of course you will get people who say they have no issues for several years.
Yeah thanks I have installed in the past different versions of oscam and no doubt this causes issues.

Fresh flash of Vix6.6 , no restores etc.

I installed the latest version of oscam from the download/plugin softcam feeds, and used the script method to run it.
This is on Openvix6.6 xtrend 8500 and sky de does not clear, installed the old version of oscam as mentioned above and it clears, so trying to solve is it the cam missing some binary code .

Unless someone can verify this does work

It works. You need to look at your config files. Stream relay may not be enabled. Check the posts by Dsayers and Coke addict above. Or copy the config files in the other version and use those.

Note:
Some Developers refuse to accept that there are various folders where oscam configs can reside. /etc/tuxbox/config is a fallback location. Most recent versions (over 5 years) use a sub folder.

Last edited:
Yeah thanks I have installed in the past different versions of oscam and no doubt this causes issues.

I installed the latest version of oscam from the download/plugin softcam feeds, and used the script method to run it.
This is on Openvix6.6 xtrend 8500 and sky de does not clear, installed the old version of oscam as mentioned above and it clears, so trying to solve is it the cam missing some binary code .

You know what if it aint broke dont fix it, if your only objective is to Open DE and the older cam opens DE why do you want to use a newer version ?

What is it your trying to get from the new version. Old and new versions of Oscam carry the same Icam patch so there is no benefit on using a newer version in regards to DE unless you have other needs only catered for in the newer Oscams.

Last edited:

the stream-relay module changed, the older one was controlled by the emu patch the newer one is in the oscam trunk (so you have stream-relay option with or without emu).

This means the config requires you to enable stream-relay again in the newer version.

You know what if it aint broke dont fix it, if your only objective is to Open DE and the older cam opens DE why do you want to use a newer version ?

What is it your trying to get from the new version. Old and new versions of Oscam carry the same Icam patch so there is no benefit on using a newer version in regards to DE unless you have other needs only catered for in the newer Oscams.
Initially was going to reinstall willobuild but 6.5 not compatible with 6.,4 so though I'd go 6.6vix seeing as it just came out and dsayers post about latest cam , anyway working now just copied my old config as suggested by Ab,
So
vix6.6 oscam slot 1
Atv 7.3 Ncam14.9 slot 2
Done

The German icam functionality was added to plain (ie without emu) oscam 11735. The UK patch was added to plain oscam 11743. The emu edition obviously includes these.
Abu when you mention plain oscam that is not oscam-stable or oscam-stable-ipv4only 1.30 because it does not work with icam even if you manually add stream relay and caids to oscam.config
Code:
[streamrelay]
stream_relay_enabled          = 1
stream_ecm_delay              = 5
stream_relay_ctab             = 098D,0960,0961,0963,0919,093B,09CD,07DC

only oscam-emu with icam or oscam trunk versions work.

"Stable" does not really mean anything concrete/definitive. It depends on when the image build was run and whether it was pegged to a version. You are talking about ATV and weirmarener95 is talking about Vix. I am pretty sure Vix 6.6 won't have a stable oscam and just have latest now. The reason why they have a fixed name is so the package is upadated without having to reconfigure it when a software update is done. To avoid confusion/ambiguity, log into the OsCAM OWIF/oscam status/info and read the oscam version number. The stable description should really have a number like oscam-emu/trunk have.

For ATV 7.4:
Oscam emu = On last night's 7.4 image, this is 11789
Oscam trunk = Latest oscam at time of image build is run. This is currently 11790
Oscam stable = whatever commit they have pinned it to. I think they are using a different location for their bitbake files, so we can't check. On ATV 7.4 this is currently: 11581

11581 is older than 11735/11743, so won't have the icam patches.

Attachments

• oscam on atv 7.4.jpg
    oscam on atv 7.4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5
"Stable" does not really mean anything concrete/definitive. It depends on when the image build was run and whether it was pegged to a version. You are talking about ATV and weirmarener95 is talking about Vix. I am pretty sure Vix 6.6 won't have a stable oscam and just have latest now. The reason why they have a fixed name is so the package is upadated without having to reconfigure it when a software update is done. To avoid confusion/ambiguity, log into the OsCAM OWIF/oscam status/info and read the oscam version number. The stable description should really have a number like oscam-emu/trunk have.

For ATV 7.4:
Oscam emu = On last night's 7.4 image, this is 11789
Oscam trunk = Latest oscam at time of image build is run. This is currently 11790
Oscam stable = whatever commit they have pinned it to. I think they are using a different location for their bitbake files, so we can't check. On ATV 7.4 this is currently: 11581

11581 is older than 11735/11743, so won't have the icam patches.
Thanks for explanation whole point for me was just oscam without emu, and I thought as I mentioned I thought oscam-stable would have been that.
I have just again installed trunk version and just copied over my oscam.conf and oscam.server files and working no emu listes in in openwebif readers
:smiley: which I would normaly disable.

I have asked them to increase the stable version so it is higher than the the UK icam patch as well as to add the version description.

Back