Vpn coverage ?

Kopnut

Hi all, just a query I'd like to throw out there before I proceed, I have pia vpn loaded on my desktop. I know it works due to UK sites saying no access outside of UK..... besides that, this is what I would like to know..... does my vpn cover all my network devices, ie iptv boxes, I have two and need the vpn to cover these if possible, and if not how would I go about doing the said task ?, any info would be gratefully received and thanks to all in advance for reading this.

Hi all, just a query I'd like to throw out there before I proceed, I have pia vpn loaded on my desktop. I know it works due to UK sites saying no access outside of UK..... besides that, this is what I would like to know..... does my vpn cover all my network devices, ie iptv boxes, I have two and need the vpn to cover these if possible, and if not how would I go about doing the said task ?, any info would be gratefully received and thanks to all in advance for reading this.
Just install PIA on your other two devices.

Your vpn is only working for the device you have switched on, if you want it on other devices you need to install the app on them too

Another method is to use a router that you can put your VPN on using openvpn within the router config. This may mean purchasing another router that has this option or you may have a router that you can flash another firmware onto such as Tomato or DD_WRT. You can configure specific devices to route through the VPN, your normal ISP or a DNS or your choosing while only using the one license.
What a lot of people don't understand is that if you change your DNS to route your traffic through a secure DNS then you may not even need to use a VPN.

Having said all that, PIA has unlimited connections so you can use on as many devices as you like.
I know NORDVPN has a limit of 6.

If you're wanting all devices covered then yeah I'd be looking at a router that supports the feature although most consumer gear tend to reduce your bandwidth due to router resources (still ample for IPTV)

Back