£50 to first person who can get all channels working (london/Kent area)

danf

I have a Zgemma 2s recently bought , have a new line which is live
Sucmnsee loaded
all channels showing but only FTA working.

Been at it day and night and giving up now.

I would gladly pay someone to please sort this for me.

DanF

blue button > softcam manager > sofcam panel > green button to restart cam - give that a go and let us know if that sorts it

---------- Post Merged at 09:53 AM ----------

if that doesn't work then you might need to install a few other things, such as mg.cfg file or softcam manager - everything can be installed via ftp programme - I use filezilla but cyber duck is ok and prob others aswell

---------- Post Merged at 09:54 AM ----------

and to be honest all the info is on this forum if you look hard enough !

I have restarted Cam using MgCamd 1.38 I think
I deleted newcamd.list file and reinstalled via DCC with new line in it.
the line is showing up but no channels except FTA
I have been scrolling through the forum for the past week and comments vary from post to post
I am coming to the end of my tether with it.

I am more than sure its something minor that is the problem but its just so time consuming trying to figure out what when you are just guessing
and probably end up making the problem worse.

what build is it. have you scanned for channels. try a full manual scan. then autobouquetsmaker set up then scan. restart cam. this may help you.

what files do you have in your usr>keys folder? I normally delete everything and then ftp the newcam.list and mc.cfg file - I don't have any other files in there

when you say you think you have restarted, what do you mean? did you go through the blue button process as I described?

Just a quick thought on how your connection (line) looks when you've edited it in the newcamd.list

should just start with CWS = rest of you connection, is this what's in your newcamd.list?

just teamviewer into his box job sorted in 10 mins flat

but then he doesn't learn anything and when it next goes wrong he is in the same position as he is now, ie not knowing anything !! its better for him to learn what to do and then he knows and it wont cost him the £50 he has offered if he follows the advice on the forum

Thanks for the advice guys.
I would rather not pay £50 but after a week of searching through the forum as you suggest I am fed up.
I do have my line with the CWS =
I have learnt a lot by looking at threads and I wouldn't know half of what I know if I didn't,

But I am sure it is something minor that I may have setup wrong
and to be honest if there is a way that someone can glance over my settings and point it out straight away then I will gladly let them.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I have a mrs and kids nagging me as it was my idea to get rid of sky and go for this box
so the pressure is on to get if fixed.

If the line is showing up in softcam manager, it would suggest to me that the problem is with the mc_cfg file. Where did you get newcam.list and mc_cfg from, did you just edit the backup files?

Open mc_cfg in a text editor. Not notepad, I use notepad++.

Make sure that B: {06}.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I would rather not pay £50 but after a week of searching through the forum as you suggest I am fed up.
I do have my line with the CWS =
I have learnt a lot by looking at threads and I wouldn't know half of what I know if I didn't,

But I am sure it is something minor that I may have setup wrong
and to be honest if there is a way that someone can glance over my settings and point it out straight away then I will gladly let them.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I have a mrs and kids nagging me as it was my idea to get rid of sky and go for this box
so the pressure is on to get if fixed.

Not sure if you also have this part CWS = keepalive, this part I have never used and certainly when I tried it wouldn't work.
thats the reason for asking, if you are using it remove it.
you should see your connection by pressing ok twice, the details should come up on the screen.
If your absolutely certain there's no provider issue then fine, but to be on the safe side I would ask for a test in the sat section and see how you go.

just teamviewer into his box job sorted in 10 mins flat

but then he doesn't learn anything and when it next goes wrong he is in the same position as he is now, ie not knowing anything !! its better for him to learn what to do and then he knows and it wont cost him the £50 he has offered if he follows the advice on the forum

correct thats why didnt offer to do it, as mentioned all info and guides already on here

Check your lines for any small misprint or no gaps ie CWS= K , reset box then go to softcams then stop and restart your cam using coloured button.

I agree with the above in that you are best off learning so you know for next time, as you have already altered a few settings & are having issues Id suggest it would be best for you to start over from scratch for 2 reasons: 1st you will become more familiar with the setup process & 2nd the image will be correct so just a little editing to be done once you have followed the tutorial for setup. It is possible to have remote access via teanviewer allowing someone else to edit your line in correctly while you watch them move the mouse around but it really is a process you should learn for yourself, pm me IF you get totally stuck & I can try walk you through it

my zgemma plays up sometimes and does not connect to server , still have box but I like reliability so I have a mag 254 now it's on a different planet to these box's and hassle free , try a reflash and manually install your line , that's what worked for me when the zgemma plays up

just a quick one guys
i have downloaded mg_cfg and newcamd.list again
in newcamd.list it has 2 lines
how do I put my line in here?

im sure i have read that you put CWS _KEEPALIVE = 60 and my actual line in line 2?

is this correct?

Back