Cable 161 Software updates?!

ped078

Hi, according to the update scan, there are lots, and it recommends flashing. I used to flash the Nokia Dbox's but not had this box long and don't know much about it, what should I do? .ud1.jpg

You cant update over the air mate risk bricking your box. You could use someone elses vix backup eg.. Sucmnsee that should be a newer version than you have installed now or if your not to bothered about vix you could reflash with wooshbuild or make your own openatv image that way you can keep your box updated as its save to upgrade over network.

Ill be doing a fresh 1 next week when vix 4 settles in.

But imho i wouldn't recommend anyone update all the time on any image. If u think somethings added in new fair enough but most of the time a normal user will never see a difference. And theres always risk, on supported images or not.
But defo dont online update vix.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll heed your warnings. From the update list one of the options is "update channel list" , I have random missing channels, epg is perfect...but things like Discovery works, but not Discovery+1 , and even some FTA channels don't work, Ch4 for example, would that fix that? .
Also, how do I install the new skin, FTP it over to the box?

Regards

Sucmnsee should be able to advise on the updates as for the skin mate click the link the kiddac gives a step by step guide uou cant go wrong mate.

Dont update anything online.
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Automatic scan (takes ages)
Then Autobouquetsmaker
Start scan (takes 2-3 mins)
Exit all
Hold power button on remote and select restart.
You may need to dl epg again after but only for cpl of channels

@sucmnsee , last time the epg went t1ts up, when you say download epg, how? .

Really sorry for the n00b Q's , like I said, if this was a Dbox2 , I'd be giving the advice :fartlight:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back