1st gen firestick

djhol1979

Hi have the above and believe that a Vpn will not function it? Is there anyway of installing a Vpn such as through a virtual router on a laptop? Would that work?

Depends on your laptop but it could be setup as a hotspot with a VPN running on it. don't ask me how as I haven't needed to do it but I have seen posts on other sites that people have done it to get around the ISP blocks.

You can do it on windows 10 if you have that id seen a post somewhere on forum but that's only Windows 10

Ok thanks for all the replies have an older version of Windows . Guess an upgraded firestick may be the easiest solution

i have apk file from my vpn prvider on 1st genration .to me it say connected .how to make sure it is working.:):):)
It will say connected download Google on firestick and type my ip address in mate you can send apk to firestick and will say connected but dosnt work mate

Even if it did somehow work the firestick would be using most of its CPU running the VPN that anything else would barely work if at all.

Are they likely to
Find a solution for these blackouts? Are the ISPs blocking the smart iptv app from functioning during live matches or somewhere else?

Are they likely to
Find a solution for these blackouts? Are the ISPs blocking the smart iptv app from functioning during live matches or somewhere else?
It could be provider or isp getting blocked some providers have ways round it some don't best to do is read through the general chat section it's called is your iptv still on

Last edited:
Are the ISPs blocking the smart iptv app from functioning during live matches or somewhere else?

Seems pretty simple, the ISPs identify the sources of the streams and block that traffic on their network from reaching their broadband customers, it explains why all streams go down and why using a VPN usually gets around the block

Back