360 update

stigie

updated my 360, now my backups wont work ?? says play dvd, had a look around and says to stop Piracy, is there any way around this ?

1. When a flashed Xbox 360 connects to Xbox live and accepts an update, the DVD drive will be flashed back to new original firmware which :

- no burned/back up games will work
- your drive key will be the same but JF wont be able to 'see' it any more as it has been moved to a new location. (unless you already have it saved - see below)
- a new JF will be released shortly that will be able to 'read' it so sit tight...patiently. Pretty please don't ask when it will be released as we don't know!

2. It is possible to reflash the Xbox 360 with LT+ v1.1 firmware after the update :

Back up games will work again except all current AP25 games known ( black screen remains until you reset the console ). Tested AP25 games and others, here is result :

>> Fable 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Halo reach, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops won't work anymore since they have new AP25 check ( 6 AP25 games had been pre-patched with latest AP25 through current abgx software ( v1.0.5 )

NOTE 1 : abgx HASN'T been updated with the new ap25 data yet, once it has will post here!

>> Super Street Fighter 4, Fifa 11, L.A. Noire will work as normal. These are games currently tested so high chance other non-AP25 games still working fine.

3. As some rumours before, the xbox itself will reflash the DVD drive back to original every time it reboots, this is wrong because after the update and reboot, LT+ firmware still there, back ups will work. (NOTE: highly likely to be flagged for a future ban!!).

If you do flash back to LT+ after updating, future updates WILL FAIL!

4. If you try to update to the latest dash with your drive unconnected trying to dodge flashing your drive the update will fail and YOU WILL be flagged!

UPDATE 2 : If you have a Samsung ms25/ms28 or a BenQ you MUST flash back to original firmware before updating otherwise you will get a E65/E66 or E68 error. If you have a LiteOn it appears that you are ok to update without flashing back to stock first.

Be patient and wait until c4eva etc. look into it and sit tight OFFLINE until then. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Anything you do is at your own risk, don't come crying to us later!

UPDATE 3 : There are reports that users who have Hitachi drives (unclear on all models as yet until we get further confirmation) with CFW who have updated to the new dash who are STILL be able to play back ups. The update doesn't flash the firmware back to stock and keeps LT+. If you have a Hitachi make sure you have the latest version of LT+ before updating as you are truly unique at this moment in time!

Why did you update in the first place?
When using a modified drive you should check out EVERY update online before you apply it!

cheers bobby iv read this looks like i will have to sit an wait :whistling:

Added after 2 minutes:

kids wanted to play micheal jackson and needed update, did it before no probs but copped me out this time lol

Last edited:
not sure if it will load any games yet as im moving house and original games are packed, as iv read it bricks modded 360s

I have one online which is borderline RROD, happened once so thats just for streaming vids :)
The other is offline and flashed and im currently backing up LA Noire, gonna give it a go and see what these glitches are all about.

@Stigie, keep out of kids reach lol

What dash version do you have so stigie if you updated via usb?
Did you flash it yourself or someone else?

Back