Guide A Guide to IPTV.

Hi all, when picking an app to use, like tivimate or smarters, is it worth paying for it? Or can i just use a free alternative. £100 a year seems a lot, on top of the fee for a supplier, which seems to be about £60-80 annual? Unless im getting this wrong?
I'd recommend the free app if provider provides one. If does the task then all good, other trial the likes of a premium app. If you like then purchase. Tivi is a good option for an end user if given the correct login details from provider.

Hi all, when picking an app to use, like tivimate or smarters, is it worth paying for it? Or can i just use a free alternative. £100 a year seems a lot, on top of the fee for a supplier, which seems to be about £60-80 annual? Unless im getting this wrong?
I may be wrong but iptv smarters pro is free and if you want all options availble for normal user it does not cost much . If reseller or whatever then that will cost more money for custom version.

Sure this might have been discussed somewhere already but thought it best to put it here, is there a reason why a Firestick or other device seems to be the standard to run IPTV through? I have a Sony X89J with Google TV (Android) as well as a Firestick 4k (a gift preloaded with an IPTV service). After my previous IPTV expired I've been messing about with different players and had to install Tivimate on the Smart TV in order to be able to pay for premium for the Firestick version. Which made me wonder, why am I even using the Firestick in the first place? Can I not just use the Smart TV directly? Seems to be pretty nifty for everything else I've used it for.

Sure this might have been discussed somewhere already but thought it best to put it here, is there a reason why a Firestick or other device seems to be the standard to run IPTV through? I have a Sony X89J with Google TV (Android) as well as a Firestick 4k (a gift preloaded with an IPTV service). After my previous IPTV expired I've been messing about with different players and had to install Tivimate on the Smart TV in order to be able to pay for premium for the Firestick version. Which made me wonder, why am I even using the Firestick in the first place? Can I not just use the Smart TV directly? Seems to be pretty nifty for everything else I've used it for.
tivimate is just an android app, you can use it on your sony TV. If you have paid for the premium version of tivimate, you can use the subscription for 5 devices, ( you set them up on the tivimate companion app). Sony TVs are generally good I think

Firestick are popular as they are cheap, often discounted by amazon, are android based so can use plenty of apps, and are regularly updated. They are not perfect but do the job.

Probably because first generation android TVs were quite rare and slow, even now alot of smart TVs that run apps aren't particularly responsive.

tivimate is just an android app, you can use it on your sony TV. If you have paid for the premium version of tivimate, you can use the subscription for 5 devices, ( you set them up on the tivimate companion app). Sony TVs are generally good I think

Firestick are popular as they are cheap, often discounted by amazon, are android based so can use plenty of apps, and are regularly updated. They are not perfect but do the job.
Yeah, I mean, it makes sense. I just sort of had to question it as I haven't seen much general Smart TV's as a device to be recommended. Is there any particular reason that I couldn't run IPTV through Tivimate direct to the TV for example. Or is it just that Firestick's are generally better at doing so?

Edit: Apologies, just saw the other stickied thread about the best boxes, might have been better to discuss this in there!

Yeah, I mean, it makes sense. I just sort of had to question it as I haven't seen much general Smart TV's as a device to be recommended. Is there any particular reason that I couldn't run IPTV through Tivimate direct to the TV for example. Or is it just that Firestick's are generally better at doing so?

Edit: Apologies, just saw the other stickied thread, might have been better to discuss this in there!
tivimate should run fine on your TV if its reasonably new. you need to sideload tivimate. Google "howto install tivimate", the guide on troypoint is easy to follow

Trouble is with smart TVs if it comes to a point where we have to use a VPN. It means you will have to run your whole network through it slowing down your whole network speed.

My advice would always use a seperate streaming device. But that is upto each individual.

Trouble is with smart TVs if it comes to a point where we have to use a VPN. It means you will have to run your whole network through it slowing down your whole network speed.

My advice would always use a seperate streaming device. But that is upto each individual.
its an android device , he can install it on the TV aswell.

its an android device , he can install it on the TV aswell.
Not saying he can't mate. Not sure if smart tvs are adding VPNs at the moment.

Just pointing out possible pitfalls. Think the would struggle using both.

Not saying he can't mate. Not sure if smart tvs are adding VPNs at the moment.

Just pointing out possible pitfalls. Think the would struggle using both.
True that external devices are probably better as more powerful etc, and you can upgrade devices over time as you see fit.

tivimate should run fine on your TV if its reasonably new. you need to sideload tivimate. Google "howto install tivimate", the guide on troypoint is easy to follow
Yeah I've already installed it fine on TV through the official channel. I installed it via Downloader on the stick. But cheers.

I get that, but I don't think I'll be running anything else on the TV at the time other than the IPTV I'm trying to watch, though I guess it is nice to switch to a specific device for a specific task to streamline as much as possible. I use Surfshark on the TV and the stick and haven't had problems thus far though.

Once I've found a new supplier I'll give it a go on both devices and see if I notice any differences and feed back.

Back