Ability to record more than 1 program.

Jparky

Hi All,

Quite new to all this so apologies if this is a very basic question.

I currently have Sky Q and I'm looking to move this away to an IPTV / Sat box.

I've noticed the majority of Sat boxes have a single sat input, do you require 2 like the SkyQ boxes to achieve multiple recordings? If so please, could anyone recommend a good box for the use of this and IPTV (Sky Skin Willobuild)

Thank you!

I have seen a few comments regarding the IPTV recording but I had assumed it may have been the provider rather than a general issue itself, thanks for the insight.

So I'd be better off recording direct through the Sat Box on the available channels. Then anything I can't get through Sat, either watch live on IPTV or catchup?

Thank you for the advice.

I have seen a few comments regarding the IPTV recording but I had assumed it may have been the provider rather than a general issue itself, thanks for the insight.

So I'd be better off recording direct through the Sat Box on the available channels. Then anything I can't get through Sat, either watch live on IPTV or catchup?

Thank you for the advice.
Nah best provider in existence can not provide reliable IPTV recording.

Even catch up can be flaky but that is down to the provider.

Sounds like a sensible approach but I don't record so you might want to wait for some input from other members who may have had success with recording. Catchup also depends on if the server has much and how many days it goes back.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

I was initially leaning towards the Formuler z11 pro max with external HD for recording but after the comments, think I'll opt for a Sat Box setup as recording is key.

@Ferret. Seeing as you have a collection! Please could I ask what you recommend in terms of Sat Boxes that would also allow for a Willobuild when not using the Sat functions. Reason I ask as I see you have the 'Octagon SF8008' which is one that I was contemplating buying with the duel sat inputs to record 2 things at once. I have a budget of around £150.

I'm trying to keep the setup as simple as possible (Other half isn't great with tech) so the EPG etc should be easy to use.

Apologies for firing all these questions, I've tried filtering through the forums but there is quite a bit more to it than I thought!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

I was initially leaning towards the Formuler z11 pro max with external HD for recording but after the comments, think I'll opt for a Sat Box setup as recording is key.

@Ferret. Seeing as you have a collection! Please could I ask what you recommend in terms of Sat Boxes that would also allow for a Willobuild when not using the Sat functions. Reason I ask as I see you have the 'Octagon SF8008' which is one that I was contemplating buying with the duel sat inputs to record 2 things at once. I have a budget of around £150.

I'm trying to keep the setup as simple as possible (Other half isn't great with tech) so the EPG etc should be easy to use.

Apologies for firing all these questions, I've tried filtering through the forums but there is quite a bit more to it than I thought!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Sf8008 is a good choice, if you just want E2 and a IPTV app.

But also consider the Qivart Dual which is same spec as the Sf8008 on the e2 side although no builds are available for it, but on the Android side you can configure it to have Forever server which opens 28east.

Sf8008 is a good choice, if you just want E2 and a IPTV app.

But also consider the Qivart Dual which is same spec as the Sf8008 on the e2 side although no builds are available for it, but on the Android side you can configure it to have Forever server which opens 28east.
Thanks Ferret. Just been doing a little research into the Quivart Dual and looks great! I'll probably order one of these and follow your guide on setup.

Quick question, as it has a single LNB input - does that mean you can only record one thing at once? This always confuses me and I can't seem to find a concrete answer.

SkyHD / Q has dual LNB for multiple recordings (I think) and this is what I currently have. If switching to a single LNB, will this stop the duel recording functions.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Ferret. Just been doing a little research into the Quivart Dual and looks great! I'll probably order one of these and follow your guide on setup.

Quick question, as it has a single LNB input - does that mean you can only record one thing at once? This always confuses me and I can't seem to find a concrete answer.

SkyHD / Q has dual LNB for multiple recordings (I think) and this is what I currently have. If switching to a single LNB, will this stop the duel recording functions.

Thanks again for your help.
Its a combi tuner so only 1 sat tuner. But has DVBt/C. So yes you can only record one and watch a channel off the same transponder.

Your skyq LNB will need to be swapped out unless its a Hybrid no mater what box you have to a Universal LNB.

Thanks @ferret, appreciate the help. Interesting to hear about switching out the LNB to universal.

Also thank you @Prim@l for tagging in the other post.

I've taken a complete U-Turn and ordered a Formuler Z11 Pro to try out the IPTV side with MyOnlineTV3... Will see how we get on with live TV and catch-up (rather than recordings) and if it's a nightmare, we'll go back to the Sat box idea.

Thanks again for both your help.

Thanks @ferret, appreciate the help. Interesting to hear about switching out the LNB to universal.

Also thank you @Prim@l for tagging in the other post.

I've taken a complete U-Turn and ordered a Formuler Z11 Pro to try out the IPTV side with MyOnlineTV3... Will see how we get on with live TV and catch-up (rather than recordings) and if it's a nightmare, we'll go back to the Sat box idea.

Thanks again for both your help.
Myonline3 is very good player for IPTV and you have chosen a good box mate.

Back