Active line

Noste500

I have a Virmin line into my house and have set up my e2 box , however it looks like the line is not active ( I don’t have virmin bb or tv package , just the box on wall etc )
Question ; if I went with v bb and cancelled within cooling off period , would the line stay active ??
Long shot I know , but I’m happy with current bb provider ...
Thanks

Did you try a scan when you attached the VM cable?
did you get channels 1 - 5?
What type of cable did you use from wall box to e2 box? - normal coax won't work
it's extremely rare for them to disconnect a cable in the cabinet, which is why I think the one you have is already connected

thanks.
i did scan but nothing and no signal when checking in tuner config.
BUT i did use co-ax.
what cable do i need??
cheers

the box on the wall is a Virgin/Telewest box and not just a roof aerial outlet?
if Virgin, the outlet will be threaded and you need a screw-in cable, then at the e2 box you need an F connector that screws onto the cable and pushes into the socket on the box

the box on the wall is a Virgin/Telewest box and not just a roof aerial outlet?
if Virgin, the outlet will be threaded and you need a screw-in cable, then at the e2 box you need an F connector that screws onto the cable and pushes into the socket on the box
yes pal its a virgin box on the wall., done all that, it was the type of cable that i was asking about as you said normal co-ax may stop it working ..??

Just checked and it is :
px cables RG6
Tried the box with this cable at my friends house ( he has a virgin full package ) and it doesn’t work
So either the cable is wrong or my setup is wrong ...
I have tuner c and d set to dvb-c
And tuner a and b turned off ( as tuner 1 is a sat twin tuber
Tuner 2 is a hybrid tuner ...

Not sure about my cable now ..

the VM cable pushes into the rear socket, unlike the sat cable that screws in, make sure you got vm cable in correct socket
make sure you chose Virgin uk as provider and set the netid for your area and try another scan

You need to put the netid in for the area you are in, if you are at his house now, put his netid in and use his VM cable, not yours and try a scan for channels

Changed net Id .
Still no joy . In abm scan it goes
Time out for tuner lock

If I try the cable from my pals box will it have a push in RF plug on the end that pushes onto my tuner??
( I thought the std leads for virmin had screw parts on both ends )

Changed net Id .
Still no joy . In abm scan it goes
Time out for tuner lock

If I try the cable from my pals box will it have a push in RF plug on the end that pushes onto my tuner??
( I thought the std leads for virmin had screw parts on both ends )

They do, but in all the e2 boxes I've seen, you put an adapter (F connector) onto the screw part and push the VM cable into the socket at the back, like this H2h:
h2h setup.jpg

What box is it you are trying to set up?

A lot of new installs on virmin v6 box have a male rf fly lead screwed onto the line nowadays so you might not need a rf adapter but they are cheap as chips to buy anyway :(y):

I've found an image of the tuner you are using:
vu-plus-advanced-pluggable-dual-tuner-dvb-c-t-t2-1-0-1-3-800x800.jpg

The VM cable needs an F connector and connects to the top socket in this picture, labelled as RF IN

have you installed the tuner in the box correctly?
is it a new tuner?

if it doesn't work at your mate's house and you know his cable is live, then it may not be installed corectly or it could be a duffer

Back