Satellite Advice for 2nd hand Zgemma H7s purchased

Cons80

Hi I’ve just bought a 2nd hand zgemma H7s. I’m new enough to this type of stuff but ok at finding my way (I hope). The plug ins already in are crossEPG downloader, EPG importer,
IMDb setup, media scanner, opened and picture player.
It must be said I want to use the box for saorview tv Ireland and free to air UK. To be fair they are currently working but in no real order and a lot of the epg isn’t working.
I suppose my question would be
Am I better to restore to factory settings and start afresh ? If so suggestions would be great.
If not what would people suggest.
Thanks in advance 👍

For FTA UK use autobouqets this should be available in your downloads. This will give you ordering of the channels.

For saorview ive no idea. @cactikid may well be able to help you.

Have you selected the relevant source in EPGimpoter and manually downloaded as a first step ?

For FTA UK use autobouqets this should be available in your downloads. This will give you ordering of the channels.

For saorview ive no idea. @cactikid may well be able to help you.

Have you selected the relevant source in EPGimpoter and manually downloaded as a first step ?
I must get a dongle to connect to internet as I can’t really used wired where my router is set up. When you say relevant source what do you mean please. I didn’t see autobouqets but will look for it. Thanks

Do not factory reset any enigma 2 devices. If you must get rid of what is on already then reflash instead.
Thanks. Just delete all my plug ins so is it. How do I find new plug ins then.

I must get a dongle to connect to internet as I can’t really used wired where my router is set up. When you say relevant source what do you mean please. I didn’t see autobouqets but will look for it. Thanks
If you go in EPGImporter select yellow for sources scroll almost to the bottom and select the Rytec UK ones save an then do a manual download.

You need an internet connection though

If you go in EPGImpoter select yellow for sources scroll almost to the bottom and select the Rytec UK ones save an then do a manual download.

Thanks currently out trying to buy a dongle but may need to order one for the zegemma as just found out on another thread tp link don’t work.

If you go in EPGImporter select yellow for sources scroll almost to the bottom and select the Rytec UK ones save an then do a manual download.

Maybe a stupid question. Would I be able to use Ethernet cable from my laptop to zgemma box for an internet connection

Maybe a stupid question. Would I be able to use Ethernet cable from my laptop to zgemma box for an internet connection
Not sure tbh. Might be a way but it wont be simple.

Can you not run ethernet from your modem or router ?

Not sure tbh. Might be a way but it wont be simple.

Can you not run ethernet from your modem or router ?
Ya might have to just do that aspect of it out in the hall and then connect to aerials again. Would you just remove the plug ins I have then and add the autobouqets and rytec uk. I must apologise for the hundred questions 🤦‍♂️😀

Another way without running cables or dongles is homeplugs.
If router and box are on the same ring circuit and have a free 13amp socket stick a lan cable into router and plug
Second one be at box plugged into mains and lan cable from plug to box.

600Mbps Powerline Adapters For Sale at Best Prices in Ireland

I assume your getting Saorview channels from your scan ?
AutobouquetMaker has to be setup for your area to run correctly Eg . Dublin -3 Rock.

I dont usually remove plugins unless there is an issue.

Make sure Epg is getting saved to HDD or USB and not Internal Flash.

Another way without running cables or dongles is homeplugs.
If router and box are on the same ring circuit and have a free 13amp socket stick a lan cable into router and plug
Second one be at box plugged into mains and lan cable from plug to box.

600Mbps Powerline Adapters For Sale at Best Prices in Ireland

I assume your getting Saorview channels from your scan ?
AutobouquetMaker has to be setup for your area to run correctly Eg . Dublin -3 Rock.

I dont usually remove plugins unless there is an issue.

Make sure Epg is getting saved to HDD or USB and not Internal Flash.
I’ll try that I think I have a set of plugs alright at home. Haven’t done a scan yet as when I connected saorview and fta were working but order was all over the place. I bought the box on a gamble from Longford so surprised saorview even worked straight away in Cork(usually spur hill for signal). I will check this when I get home and see can I start following all your advice here. Thanks

Ya might have to just do that aspect of it out in the hall and then connect to aerials again. Would you just remove the plug ins I have then and add the autobouqets and rytec uk. I must apologise for the hundred questions 🤦‍♂️😀
For what you want you need autobouqetsmaker and epgimpoter.

If you are using FreeToAir satellite on 28.2 and Saorview, apart from possibly initial installation and occasional updates, you can use the receiver without an internet connection. Post back if this is what you want to do as well as which image.

However, if you can install the WiFi drivers, you can use internet based functions.

If you are using FreeToAir satellite on 28.2 and Saorview, apart from possibly initial installation and occasional updates, you can use the receiver without an internet connection. Post back if this is what you want to do as well as which image.

However, if you can install the WiFi drivers, you can use internet based functions.
Yes this is what I would like to do Abu baniaz. I have got the box connected now to the internet through plugs as suggested @cactikid (thanks). I must now just download autobouquets maker which I can’t seem to find and epg importer that I seem to have already.
Would people delete plugins I have from opening post

If a plugin is installed, it won't show in the list of installable plugins. AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) is pre-instaleld in Vix and ATV.

Which image are you using? Name and version number/date please. You will find this in Menu > Information > About. Is this the image you want to continue use?

Yes this is what I would like to do Abu baniaz. I have got the box connected now to the internet through plugs as suggested @cactikid (thanks). I must now just download autobouquets maker which I can’t seem to find and epg importer that I seem to have already.
Would people delete plugins I have from opening post
Actually had it in set up and just running scans now.

If a plugin is installed, it won't show in the list of installable plugins. AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) is pre-instaleld in Vix and ATV.

Which image are you using? Name and version number/date please. You will find this in Menu > Information > About. Is this the image you want to continue use?
To be honest I’m not sure what image I want. When you say image what do mean. I’m currently scanning at about 800+ channels. Looks like I’ll have a lot of sorting out to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
I know that box like the back for my hand and as it was secondhand its probably all good to go so just tell me this information and I'll get you sorted, go menu setup information and read off the image name and the skin. I hope it says openvix 6.4 ,... but if not dont worry. Do you know name of your nearest soarview transmitter? I'm on maghera and did you buy box on adverts.ie?

And I hope you have 2 sat cables? Is there a slot ar rear for a HDD?

NO you are going too fast, let it scan then do as I requested. Its important as that box is easy to break.

better still do a pic of the screen,

Last edited:
Let the scan finish for now, then find the image details. There really was no need for you to scan. ABM will sort out the bouquets ( groups of channels) for you.. Do one thing at a time otherwise you will get even more confused. Leave the "blinging" the receiver to the end.

Back