Satellite Advice for 2nd hand Zgemma H7s purchased

I must be one of those ODD characters that also scans the whole sat and sees new channel lists.

Half the time i cannot remember what channel is in what Bouquet.

Having the alls list A - Z i can quickly find what i am looking for and press OK .

Having the alls list A - Z i can quickly find what i am looking for and press OK .

Every image will allow you to see the channels in an alphabetical order. You must view them in the orbital position mode, not bouquet/provider. You can then jump to the letter using the number keys similar to old style mobiles. People who insist on using the EPG button to select channels won't understand this.

Ok I done scan and channels all good but all over the place. Not sure there is quite 800 or I mightn’t have saved it. It’s all learning🤦‍♂️.
I have internet connect loads of channels but would like to set up something similar to a sky channel guide list. Is it easy to put channels in order the ones that work.
Sorry if I’m not been clear.

Scanning is one process, creating bouquets is another process. ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) will do both for you. ABM will create the bouquets like Sky, Freesat and Saorview.

On PLi /ViX images, you will find ABM in the Tuners/Scanning menu. On ATV image, you will find it in the Reception menu.

I see now. The guide works like all channels, free to air, entertainment fta. Is the only way to set it up different by adding in order in favourites.
Pic of my image attached. Thanks all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
ah but if you do it my way like the pic attached you get an easy to use setup ie press 1 for RTE1 , 2 for BBC1 and so on.

Attachments

• IMG_4752.jpg
    IMG_4752.jpg
    940.7 KB · Views: 17
Scanning is one process, creating bouquets is another process. ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) will do both for you. ABM will create the bouquets like Sky, Freesat and Saorview.

On PLi /ViX images, you will find ABM in the Tuners/Scanning menu. On ATV image, you will find it in the Reception menu.
Sorry only seen now. I’m sure ill
mess things up again fluting about. Happy for now with the way the box is. Only thing is the wife might want it set up different for her to find it user friendly.

What you have is an Openvix image version 5.4.012 butt the latest one is version 6.4.011 so over 2 years old. The skin is sky type but old as well. All will still work but the important bit is where you store the EPG and I dont know i if box has HDD at the rear or if internal is one installed. Have you set your saorview tuner to correct saorview area / channels.? see pic

Attachments

• IMG_4754.jpg
    IMG_4754.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 8
Abu its better if he sets box up first as it do a backup when he goes to flash and we done know yet if there is a HDD installed?

I know what you mean, box in one room and laptop, well should be on your lap :laughing:

I know that box like the back for my hand and as it was secondhand its probably all good to go so just tell me this information and I'll get you sorted, go menu setup information and read off the image name and the skin. I hope it says openvix 6.4 ,... but if not dont worry. Do you know name of your nearest soarview transmitter? I'm on maghera and did you buy box on adverts.ie?

And I hope you have 2 sat cables? Is there a slot ar rear for a HDD?

NO you are going too fast, let it scan then do as I requested. Its important as that box is easy to break.

better still do a pic of the screen,
Got it off DoneDeal. Changed saorview transmitter to spur hill Cork. Do like you favs set up though. I think that’s the way to win the wife over.
Just spotted this on software update

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Ok thanks. Must head out now but I will try flash new version tomorrow and organise my list.
Really appreciate all the help everyone.

but we still dont know about hdd??:LOL: and he is jumping the gun:ROFLMAO:
Well, he will need a storage device for his EPG saving. I am sure we would have discovered whether he has one or not.

And it is a waste of time organising the list if ABM creates the same one. I would also enable adding the provider name to bouquets in ABM menu to help distinguish between the bouquets and also ensure Saorview is first provider.

Reminds me, Custom mix file for ABM.

Don't perform a software update, flash the newer image. Instructions are on the screen you posted as well as on my previous post.
I flashed the newest image 6.4 and it’s asking me do I want to do a restore and when I say yes only back ups from 5.4 come for settings and plugins. Should I just exit the restore wizard in pic 4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg