Amazon Firestick new OS Vega no more sideloading apps IPTV

Have Amazon publicly announced that the new vega os will not have any affect on current Fire devices currently in use?
The only reason they wouldn’t change the OS is, if they have tested the new OS, on the current lineup of fire devices in use, and the OS is not compatible with the hardware.
If they don’t change the OS, then they will only support the current devices for a period of time, and then they will become obsolete, and the updates will cease.

Why? It's just a download. They will just not support the older firesticks I suppose.
It won't be simple to install a new software. Imagine if you could just install Linux on windows without any errors. It won't work. We'll see but I can' see current devices not supported or forced to install the software with a warning

It won't be simple to install a new software. Imagine if you could just install Linux on windows without any errors. It won't work. We'll see but I can' see current devices not supported or forced to install the software with a warning
You can just install Linux on Windows

Back