Amiko Alien 2

Hi all

I'm looking at the Amiko Alien 2 Triple Plus 2x DVB-S2 1x DVB-T2 Freeview Saorview Enigma2 Loaded.....
So is anyone using the alien box on a cable and satelite servers with a line. i just need to know if this box will work on both sat and cable before i purchase.
I think for the cost the alien is what i should go for as i will get the best of both sat and cable, provided it will do the job.
Any help wound be greatful.

Cheers
Paul.

Hi all

I'm looking at the Amiko Alien 2 Triple Plus 2x DVB-S2 1x DVB-T2 Freeview Saorview Enigma2 Loaded.....
So is anyone using the alien box on a cable and satelite servers with a line. i just need to know if this box will work on both sat and cable before i purchase.
I think for the cost the alien is what i should go for as i will get the best of both sat and cable, provided it will do the job.
Any help wound be greatful.

Cheers
Paul.

Receiver will work on both sat and cable. You'll need a seperate line/sub for each. Cable subs are slightly more expensive i've found,but you can still get all the HD channels.(Movies,Sports ect).

It will work on mgcamd or oscam. If you want to use multituner for the line (record more than 1 channel or watch more than 1 channel), you'll need oscam on it as mgcamd only decodes one channel at a time.

hey

Ive an alien 2 myself, anyone any clues as to how to put a n line into enigma 2.

ive been at it for two days

frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how i feel.

Some help would be very appreciated

What image do you have on the box? Most images u can log in to oscam through the box ip and edit the details in the for the server that way.

Which image you using? I dont mind giving you a hand. I spent two weekends trying to get this set up so know how you feel

Cool man. I unhooked it, I'll put the amiko micro back in. I'll just hook it up again here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry mate, tried to reply on tapatalk.

---------- Post Merged at 10:55 PM ----------

mate, when i try to dl softcam plugins ccam or mgcam is not an option, any ideas??

Yeah there the files u need but your best off using a backup image that someone has already setup u dont need to install any cams or owt they are already there. What image do you have?

Andy, I uploaded an image from freetv.ie with those two files in it but it doesn't seem to be working. Any idea where is get a different or working image.

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 PM ----------

If I set up an already working image. If I just replace the new am.list in the var/keys file it will work. Correct????

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 PM ----------

Meant to say "newcam.list"

Google freshpots hyperion 4.5 backup image and you will find everything you need there. You can enter your line details through your phones internet browser by typing in the box ip followed by :8888

cool, ill give that a whirl right now

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 PM ----------

can i ftp the line details into it. prob stupid question but ive been at this for so long i dont wanna f.ck it up now

Yeah u can but honestly put freshpots imahe on and u will be up and running in 15 mins thats with waiting for the image to flash aswell

Sound, that'll do. Thanks man

---------- Post Merged at 03:34 PM ----------

When I try to connect to the box with the IP it asks for Username and password. Any idea what they might be or where I'd find them.

Is it definately the freshpots hyperion 4.5 image u have installed because that is the user n password make sure its all lower case

Back