Amiko mini HD combo ''MENU'' password

snowglobe

Is there a common password for the ''menu'' on the Amiko, when I press menu on the remote it asks for a password cant seem to find anything on this.
Iv been used to the skybox F5
thanks

Last edited:
Never seen a password on the menu for this box.

They are usually 0000 as a default on most boxes.

0000 does not work on my box, I have tried for hours to get past it. Anybody know how to change or bypass this password?
I was going to flash new firmware but the box does not have a serial port and I can't use USB as I don't know the password to get into the menu. Thanks.

Last edited:
You flash it through the RS232 port at the back of the box, it is a 3.5mm jack plug connection

plug.jpg

how many digits is the password, if its 4 its usually "0000" if its 8 its put in by box manufacturer and like bees said its not usually to enter menu its usually when you want to go into net client config which is in the menu, gone through this myself, let me know how many digits

hi, i have just got a amiko SHD 8140 box and wen i go into the net config/net client config to add a new line to it, its asking for an 8 digit password by anychance do u knw wat this mite be or how to get around it??

Hi Darren, some people say if you flash box back to factory default it removes password protection, it did'nt for me so I was put onto a company called "norfolksr" on fleabay, for about £12 they will remove the password and put in your line if you give them details, very good service, worked for me, cheers

Hi Darren, some people say if you flash box back to factory default it removes password protection, it did'nt for me so I was put onto a company called "norfolksr" on fleabay, for about £12 they will remove the password and put in your line if you give them details, very good service, worked for me, cheers

thanks tommytank will try them

Ok here is how i did it on another amiko , so i presume its the same method ,

reset your box to " Default Value "

Now load your server line ( gift ) with u.s.b with a hsdata.cfg file ( you could try to enter your line manually at this stage also , although your line will work , it might not remove the password lock ,
that loading your line with the " hsdata.cfg file method should remove the 8 digit password lock ...

the first part of the hsdata.cfg file should look like this below .

cfg~0~0~00000000

This will remove password from your box , when the hsdata.cfg file is loaded onto your box .

Finally , load your new firmware + channel list select " all bootloader + channel list " after you have installed your line ..

Now you should be good to go .

hope this helps ...

Ok here is how i did it on another amiko , so i presume its the same method ,

reset your box to " Default Value "

Now load your server line ( gift ) with u.s.b with a hsdata.cfg file ( you could try to enter your line manually at this stage also , although your line will work , it might not remove the password lock ,
that loading your line with the " hsdata.cfg file method should remove the 8 digit password lock ...

the first part of the hsdata.cfg file should look like this below .

cfg~0~0~00000000

This will remove password from your box , when the hsdata.cfg file is loaded onto your box .

Finally , load your new firmware + channel list select " all bootloader + channel list " after you have installed your line ..

Now you should be good to go .

hope this helps ...

Hi m8 when you say reset to 'default value' that is done when you add cfg~0~0~0000000 along with you line details to the usb? Or is there something that needs to be done before that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey guys, seen a few of you have been in a prediciment of needing a password,

If you flash your receiver using the RS232 recovery method, this will help you restore your receiver to default meaning no passwords installed!

Here is a guide I created for a mini combo but most of the Amiko closed sources are similar so this should help you all round :)

I have attached here.

http://docdro.id/VEumnSR

Thanks

- Miss Peanut

thanks

Hey guys, seen a few of you have been in a prediciment of needing a password,

If you flash your receiver using the RS232 recovery method, this will help you restore your receiver to default meaning no passwords installed!

Here is a guide I created for a mini combo but most of the Amiko closed sources are similar so this should help you all round :)

I have attached here.

http://docdro.id/VEumnSR

Thanks

- Miss Peanut[/QUOT

cheers

Back