Amiko Mini HD Combo

Jaikay47

Hi, i am new to the forum so sorry if any of this is in the wrong place.

So i currently have a kryptview A780 but these seem to have gone off for good now. I am thinking of buying a Amiko Mini Hd Combo and i have a few questions about the box/instillation.

1. Is it a good box or should i be looking at a different box?
2. Can the Net id and symbol rate be found on my existing VM Box?
3. How do i go about finding a good/reliable line and what is the process for this?

Thanks, Any help would be much appreciated.

If your only using it for Cable might i suggest either the Zgemma H1 or the Mutant 500c stay well clear of the Amiko range

Look for an Enigma 2 type box flashed with the vix image.

I would say go for a box which is officially supported by vix.

Two closest boxes to the KV are the mutant 500c and miraclebox mini +

(Personally I think the miraclebox is worth the extra £20)

Both miles better than what you have, you can even watch channels on them lol

Sorry, couldn't resist it lol

Look at the cable boxes on world of sat

i can't understand why people keep slagging off the amiko mini combo hd, i have been running one for 12 months and apart from me putting wrong firmware in it i have not had a problem with it, never had picture break up and i have every channel you can think of and the hd is crystal.
i paid £53 for the box and set it up myself and pay £50 per year for an excellent line, what more do you need

You can only go by your own experience, mine deffo had problems and so did my mates, tried different firmwares and it made no difference.

Both of us changed boxes, used the same line and cable feed on a different box and crystal clear picture on all channels.

It was always the same channels with the problem, the signal strength dipped on them. One of mine was SS 1 so I couldn't just put up with it.

So what do you conclude ?

You get an awful lot of box at a very cheap price so maybe the tuner isn't up to scratch ?

I have read the same over a few different models so rightly or wrongly I thought the same tuner
was used over a range of Amiko boxes.

I have no allegiance to any box, I like to try them out and see how they compare, so I can only post
on what I have found, things change all the time, so what was good say six or twelve months ago may have
fell behind with whats available today.

Last edited:
my experiences with amiko mini hd which is very similar are great. if you want to watch tv you should by amiko. if you want something else like watching on pc, constantly making new tv lists etc you should by enigma 2, but for tv watching it is very good. cline works very good, signal and picture are vry good (better than on dm 500s on same sat dish)

if you want something else like watching on pc, constantly making new tv lists etc you should by enigma 2

Amiko you either have to wait for someone to update your channel list and then load it via USB or do your own list which takes man hours, Enigma2 has ABM which can be set to do this automatically for you without ever having to touch your box.

Hmmmm! let me see which one i would prefer LOL

my experiences with amiko mini hd which is very similar are great. if you want to watch tv you should by amiko. if you want something else like watching on pc, constantly making new tv lists etc you should by enigma 2, but for tv watching it is very good. cline works very good, signal and picture are vry good (better than on dm 500s on same sat dish)

you don't know what your talking about so best to not comment and give wrong information.

Amiko serves to watch TV and not to make over and over new list of chanels. if you want you will lose same time with enigma2 (e.g. "let me check this list, let me check this plug-in etc").
Controlability is better with enigma2 definitely

Does the zgemma have a epg I have a amiko mini hd and it is great apart from there is no epg wouldn't mind another box so would prefer one with a epg thanks

Cheers freeuk which is the best one to get then for vm would like hd:)

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 PM ----------

I've just brought the zgemma star h.2h two tuner DVD s2 + dvb t2/c
Can you pm me the link to the firmware I will need and how to do it cheers

if you dont want to break the bank then the Zgemma H1 is probably one of the cheapest combo receivers doing the rounds at the moment

Back