Anybody good with boilers?

Right guys asked British gas to come round to check again. They put magnets round the pipe at the Emersion tank and defo said gunk in the pipes. Therefore it needs a flush that goes through both water & heating. £645 [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right guys asked British gas to come round to check again. They put magnets round the pipe at the Emersion tank and defo said gunk in the pipes. Therefore it needs a flush that goes through both water & heating. £645 [emoji15]

They put magnets round the pipe at the Emersion tan

WTF??

I was not aware the GUNK was magnetic & could be grabbed by a magnet... lost me here lol

Whoa put your wallet away just to clarify when you say boiler is it a combi or system boiler or a copper tank ? Is there any chance you can upload a picture? BG love selling power flushing it costs them nothing as for magnetic gunk where exactly has that come from in a system that is wholly copper and brass...... also is you hot water pressure low or as normal

170b096ba47c8b0c5f95105508a4ee28.jpg
motorised valve on this?

a9663bc405b3c5eda9f132d9b803fb0e.jpg

Could you get a pic of the cylinder from futher away so I can see all the pipework around the smaller tank on top ( as much pipework as poss) how is the pressure coming from your hot tap ie is it slow coming out ? which one of the pipes is hot when you run your hot water ?

Think the motorised valves are under floor boards also but can't get into them

Basicly mate you have a over complicated system the small tank acts like a auto filling loop they are prone to air locking the small valve on the side is an auto bleeder which may be siezed and has caused it to air lock. Unfortunatly most plumbers would want to rip all this out and replace with a combi system which as I am sure your aware would be costly . but would save money in the future . It looks like the auto valve has been out on the pics try and get a plumber to renew that and get them to bleed the system this should fix your problem hope this helps.

So not worth trying to get the floorboards up to check the motorised valves

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that system is a real headache most plumbers probabbly havent even seen one and it is difficult for me to explain please have a look at this it may help but I doubt you can fix it yourself if it was anything else I could possibly help but without being able to get my hands on it I am at a loss .http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/forum1/screaming-central-heating-pump-t16571-15.html
its a different fault but should go someway to explain the complexeties of that system and how it works

Had a plumber round today he had a fiddle about with the pipes around the hot tank he open up the red valve and opened up the valves round about to let air out and the hot water started going to the tank. But hey ho back to square 1 water just warm

Back