Back up image

Kingy67

Ok finally got my box how i want it so what is the easiest way to back it up, I am using a 500GB USB HD as my recording device, is it best to make a copy of my image to this or a USB pen drive.

Use a pen drive pal. It's easier to restore. And keep it in a safe place. Create a folder called backupstick press blue button on remote then full backup. Then choose USB. Once done plug into pc open usb drive and you can delete everything but zgemma folder. Then open that and rename the noforce file to force and jobs a good un.

hi i tried this and get just an openvix backup zip when I unzip theres no zgemma folder just backup and timeshift any help guys

If you're on vix just use imagemanager and save it to your hard drive once you've done a backup ftp media/hdd/imagebackups and transfer the zipfile to pc then you should find the zgemma folder inside the zipfile

Ok just so i am clear and not being thick is this creating a folder on a seperate USB pen drive to the one i am currently using as my recording device, the reason i ask is I did a clean install today of Wooshbuild 3.3 and am using a pen drive instead of USB HD to record on,so is the backup made to that or a different pen drive.

Different one pal. It only needs to be a 1gig one. You could do it to your other one but it much more messing about when trying to restore if something goes wrong. If you have a separate one it's a matter of switch off box insert your backup drive switch back on and it will automatically restore your back up.
I use a 32gig in back for recording/ time shift and all that, don't really record that much and a 1gig for backup.

Last edited:
Back