Bale potentially close to Spurs move

channelking

Well not a complete surprise if this move happens and likely to be a loan. Massive signing for spurs with the squad atm being average atm.

Him and Reguilon part of spurs will improve their squad big time.

Both players were heavily linked with United and as usual all talk but no action from United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54171049

Wages will be a massive stumbling block for Spurs. He's on a rumoured £500,000 a week. Even if Real pay half he'd still cost way above what Spurs usually pay.

Seems from reports Spurs would be only really club he be interested in, in the premier league.

I am United, City could sign him. Even for his age, when he is fit and healthy he is world class.

Nah, saw an interview with him on Sky and he said he'd consider a Premier League return if Real would let him and certainly didn't sound like he was set on any one club. Can't see Pep wanting him though.

I can't imagine any European team is going to pay half a million a week to anyone in the current situation.
No crowd money and very little or no merchandise money as fans stay away in droves due to the pandemic

Shame whats happening to him. Both parties are too blame imo but man Real are showing what a poisonous club they are.

Just look at how they treated Ronaldo arguably the greatest player ever.

Bale is quality and him just rotting away on the bench well aint gona do him any favours or maybe he has just given up.

I can't imagine any European team is going to pay half a million a week to anyone in the current situation.
No crowd money and very little or no merchandise money as fans stay away in droves due to the pandemic

True, Madrid are screwed in that regard themselves and I am sure Bale will get every penny he can from them that way if he cant get the same elsewhere.

By putting a massive price tag on him they are effectively forcibly making him redundant.
He's on the bench to stop him playing for any opponents and his astronomical wages will also ensure Real don't have to face him on the pitch

True but how long does bale have left on his contract.
He could be thinking if they don't let me go I will wind down my contract and leave for free

Thats what his plan is ride it out, milk Real for every penny and then leave for free.

By that time his football days, well his best day will be well and truly finished.

His contact should nearly be up or was it something like 5yr contract he joined 2013 I think so already been there 7yr

Gareth Bale feels he was mistreated by Real Madrid and Zinedine Zidane last summer, and remains eager to see out his contract at the Bernabéu. Thirty-one in July, under contract until 2022 and on 14.5 million euros net a year, Gareth Bale is going to make Real Madrid dig deep if they are to offload him

Surprised Ali could be leaving but could be good move for him.

No doubt Bake will be a big signing for spurs but still won't be enough for them to challenge top 4 this season imo.

Bale has had such a strange career.

He's basically a freak of nature and his destruction of maicon when he played for spurs was unholy - that man has family FFS. Hes won 4 champions League trophies scored on of the most iconic goals against Barca and yet he's somehow a disappointment.

He's one of the best players I've seen, is a natural phenomenon whose numbers and performances can leave you shellshocked yet is somehow underwhelming.

Bale has had such a strange career.

He's basically a freak of nature and his destruction of maicon when he played for spurs was unholy - that man has family FFS. Hes won 4 champions League trophies scored on of the most iconic goals against Barca and yet he's somehow a disappointment.

He's one of the best players I've seen, is a natural phenomenon whose numbers and performances can leave you shellshocked yet is somehow underwhelming.

I agree strange career but brilliant player. Up there with messi and ronaldo when was playing at his best.

His stats at peak were crazy.

He hit top speed before 95% of players, his top speed was faster than 95% of players and he maintained top speed for longer than 95% of players - that's why even the top defenders looked like they were running in wet cement.

Also his sprints in the 80th minutes were approaching his sprints in the 10th minute.

Unprecedented, and he had the technique to match

The highlights of the two legged tie spurs v inter on bt are savage. You can see them on bt sports YouTube channel. Fury v wilder 2 levels of brutality and domination

He absolutely could have posted Ronaldo / Messi numbers imo.

Back