Bale potentially close to Spurs move

He's one of only a few players in the modern era who I'd say when at their peak were head and shoulders better than any other player in the Premier League at that time. Bale, Ronaldo and Suarez. They stood out as truly world class and destined for the best clubs in the world.

He's one of only a few players in the modern era who I'd say when at their peak were head and shoulders better than any other player in the Premier League at that time. Bale, Ronaldo and Suarez. They stood out as truly world class and destined for the best clubs in the world.

Shame how his career has become well dead last few years.

Great shame a world class player like him has barely played football last few years.

The lack of respect shown to great players and legends by Madrid over the years is really not surprising.

Shame how his career has become well dead last few years.

Great shame a world class player like him has barely played football last few years.

The lack of respect shown to great players and legends by Madrid over the years is really not surprising.

Certainly a curious case of what could have been. I expect a lot more about how he's been treated to come out when he leaves.

i do think he has to shoulder some of that blame.

madrid is a cringe club and i can totally see why he seemed not buy into the myth schtik and he seemed to shrink in the face of the vastness of the cult around the club and huge egos such as ramos and CR7 to contend with. but he did not seem to want to ever buy into madrid fully. he made no effort to learn the language or speak to fans through actions.

Of course he does. He is not 100% innocent in this.

He never really bothered to fully understand or learn their culture. So of course that would peeve some people the wrong way.

Like every footballer the power of money will take you places whether Italy Spain Germany China you go where your bank accounts looks pretty.
Both sides are to blame like when bale was supposedly injured but playing an 18 hole golf course and that's where it seems to have started from in my opinion plus when you move to other leagues in the world the clubs will pay for tutors to learn their lingo (language).

Like every footballer the power of money will take you places whether Italy Spain Germany China you go where your bank accounts looks pretty.
Both sides are to blame like when bale was supposedly injured but playing an 18 hole golf course and that's where it seems to have started from in my opinion plus when you move to other leagues in the world the clubs will pay for tutors to learn their lingo (language).

No doubt footballers and this great sport we all love is a money hungry business. Period. There is hardly any loyalty left. If they see the money signs they will go to who ever that may be. As I call them mercenaries.

In regards to Bale there are many factors that broke down the relationship between both parties and both are to blame as each other. But one thing I think drove Bale to such decisions is not being respected by the club and its fans especially. Lets not forget the games he won for Madrid in the league and especially in Europe and some of the amazing winning goals. When your underappreciated and treated like crap you just end up giving up which happened with him.

I dont really have much sympathy for either party tbh as things could have been more positive if both werent so stubborn in their stances.

Last edited:
No doubt footballers and this great sport we all love is a money hungry business. Period. There is hardly any loyalty left. If they see the money signs they will go to who ever that may be. As I call them mercenaries.

In regards to Bale there are many factors that broke down the relationship between both parties and both are to blame as each other. But one thing I think drove Bale to such decisions is not being respected by the club and its fans especially. Lets not forget the games he won for Madrid in the league and especially in Europe and some of the amazing winning goals. When your underappreciated and treated like crap you just end up giving up which happened with him.

I dont really have much sympathy for either party tbh as things could have been more positive if both were so stubborn in their stances.
Absaloutly mate that's how it is now days you can go from hero rto villain in an instant and vice vercer.
Just hope for his sake and Wales sake he can put an end to it and move with his career what's left of it anyway if a player isn't happy they should be allowed to leave simple.
His wages could be a stumbling block unless he's willing to take a pay cut some players would some wouldn't they would just wind their contracts down and earn the 600k a week.

His spurs move looks almost certain. Does seem also that Madrid may pay half his wages and spurs the other half. Will be interesting few days for sure.

Another world class player of his calibre in the premier league is only a good thing imo.

So only a season long loan for Bale.

Do imagine if he does well Spurs would want to make it permanent and I am sure Madrid would want him gone as well for good.

Back