The only way Amazon would intoruduce such measures which they could do, is to give the firestick away free as sky and virgin give you the hardware to access there services.

It will be a bit rich if they follow this model then tell you to pay for the hardware which locks you into there content.

Yeah silly me. Just imagine a global company taking measures to protect their copyrighted content from being viewed illegally. Like Sky did with CS.

Yeah silly me. Just imagine a global company taking measures to protect their copyrighted content from being viewed illegally. Like Sky did with CS.
You have totally missed the point sky did not tell you to pay for the box they give it to you. yes Amazon take measures but you can still sideload pretty much any app if you carried on reading the post. c/s was always only going to last for so long however, we got a good run.

You have totally missed the point sky did not tell you to pay for the box they give it to you. yes Amazon take measures but you can still sideload pretty much any app if you carried on reading the post. c/s was always only going to last for so long however, we got a good run.
100% agree

At £24.99 amazon are virtually giving away firesticks. When they corner more of the legal streaming market they'll probably throw them in with a year's subscription for free.

At £24.99 amazon are virtually giving away firesticks. When they corner more of the legal streaming market they'll probably throw them in with a year's subscription for free.
Hahahahaa so there just going to give subs away even tho its going to cost billions to be king of the market lmaooooo

25 pound firestick is going to make up for a subscription that is still going to be what month? 150 quid a month?? Who's paying that lmaoo

That's the whole point of my response to Mike's point that Sky didn't sell boxes. They gave them away because the cost was covered by the subscription.

Back