Best box for recording

Ozzo76

Hi folks,

What's the best box for recording one channel while watching another channel..?

Cheers
Ozzo

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Need a little more info to give proper advice.

Budget, Sly, Virmin, area, etc.

But you need to look for dual or twin tuner models that have internal HDD would be best, something like GigaBlue QUAD PLUS at the top end £240 down to ZGemma (Sly) at £80.

ALL twin tuner boxes do...so how much do you want to spend? under/around £100 & dont mind an external hard drive go for 2nd generation zgemma or the Edision Mini both excellent boxes for the money. You could also go for the bigger brands if you want to spend a lot more to do the same things but they take internal hard drives. I think "Bees" made a thread for buyers guide to give members a feel for what available search for it well worth a look.

Last edited:
I already have a zgemma star h2 which is twin tuner, I have it setup for sly but I thot my box will only recorded the channel I wz watching, I want to be able to record a different channel to wat I'm watch say budget wud be 150/200.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

so you have a twin tuner but are only using one which is why you can only record on the one channel, IF you added a cable line/gift you could use both tuners & have HD on the cable side.
I would upgrade to the 2nd generation boxes for a smoother/faster box, H2H to keep one sly tuner & one cable or go for the H2S to use sly only but both feeds from the lnb giving you the option to record one & watch another channel.

If your using cable and on a budget i recommend this one Venton UNIBOX HD ECO+ HD ( 2 x DVB-T/T2/C Twin Tuners) £99
Willing to spend a bit more money Try the Mutant 2400 HD can be loaded with 3 tuners (cable) plus 1 sat £287 Very good box, never had an issue with recording

Edit: or you can put what ever tuners in both boxes you want (just seen the fact that your only using sly)

Back