Best box

Hi there I'm upgrading my box and would like to know the best box out there to get for around 100 - 150
Off a sky receiver so if anyone could help that would be great
Thanks in advance

Well they start from £40 for basic box F5S , £60 plus for linux cloud ibox i have one of them, but if you want to record on channel and watch another one you could go for the zgmema star s2 that will cost you £85 plus, dont forget if you want to watch $ channels you will have to buy a line and they very in price, i got myself a 24 month line off ebay for £15 i dont no if i will get the full time but at the moment i dont care.. hope this has helped you good luck in what you buy if you get stuck there is a lot of help on this forum...

Thanks I had a f5s but want somthing better. I was looking at the blade but not sure which one is the better 5000s 7000 or 8000

£15 for 24 month line will be rubbish stay clear a proper place charge around £30 for 12 months.

If you want to record you will need a hard drive so if you go for zgemma £85 then £30-40 for usb hard drive.

Blade 7000 is being replaced with the 8000s combo.

Not used the 8000 so can't really comment. Looking at the price I assume it will be
similar to the 5000 with a cable tuner added.

It depends on how you are with boxes, Blade 5000s is easy to set up, easy to use, similar to skyboxes but better
quality, it has on line function where you could download channel lists direct to the box, so no messing with AJ's and USB sticks.£80

If you are quiet happy setting the boxes up I would tend to go for an E2 type box flashed with ViX image from world of sat.

They are more fiddly to set up but once they are set, they need very little tweeking.

Faster procesors, so very good EPG's, and less lag in general use, better quality again, if you only want a single tuner
VU zero is new out, or Gigablues seem fine too. £110 -140

There is plenty of help about for all of these boxes so you shouldn't get stuck.

These are tried and trusted makes, I personally wouldn't go for a cheaper / similar
clone box, but there are plenty on here who would.

It's sounds like I'd go for the e2 type box then bees can you let me know I can get one from price. And a line please and thankyou for your help.

I would go to world of sat, order it with the vix image loaded, it's free.

If you join their forum too, I think you get a discount off your first box.

Then have a read here

or

here

The box manufacturer won't make a difference, the process will be the same.

I'm hijacking this thread

I've got an openbox v5s in the bed room. I'm looking for a box for the living room that has at least 2 tuners.
Was looking at vu boxes. Are these the best boxes for recording and a good epg??
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm hijacking this thread

I've got an openbox v5s in the bed room. I'm looking for a box for the living room that has at least 2 tuners.
Was looking at vu boxes. Are these the best boxes for recording and a good epg??
Thanks in advance

If you can afford one it seems like the best step up for you. If looking at a bit cheaper then the Zgemmas Other on here will keep you right though

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look into this box later.
Are these boxes the same as the openbox? Like you have to update the channel list urself and do they connect to the same servers?

They use "autobouquets" so the channel list and EPG
updates itself while the box is on standby through the night.

Your line will be loaded by ftp, using something like filezilla
not by USB like your previous box.

Click the links in post #10, they will give you a better idea.

Back