Best self updating box?

slacker

Im looking to purchase another box. Anybody got any opinions on self updating boxes and which one to go for?

All the enigma based boxes can self update, as for the best it depends on your budget, I would recommend the VU Solo2 but the zgemma clan will be along soon to tell you how good they are and they are much cheaper but too slow for me.

I have one of them too, still prefer the solo2 lol not sure if its because the solo2 is twin sat and the xtrend is twin cable and 1 sat?

xpeed-lx2 is a good rock solid box I have one of these and are brilliant. if you want to use official images a zgemma box is not suitable as you cannot update the vix image online which is considered to be the best for all enigma 2 boxes

As mike123 mentioned you will still have to manually flash image updates to the Zgemma if you use Vix.
Although I believe OpenATV images are fully supported over the net

I would also pay the extra for the LX2 or the LX1 single tuner if you don't record much.

Think they are the cheapest officially supported box, I have a combo and it's fine, very happy with it.

The more you pay then the more tuners or faster processor you get or the facility to use an internal HDD instead
of an external, so buy the best available for your budget

Last edited:
gatecrashing this thread, are vu solo2 so much better than zgemmas 2s. I have a zgemma 2s and really don't see how it can be much faster. It's very responsive, it's fast, it rarely if ever crashes. But then again I did a fresh install of openatv and didn't bother to install all the surplus crap like kodi, tspanel, tsmedia.

now you see why the seniors go for better boxes and the newbies for for the cheaper options and then upgrade later?

All the enigma based boxes can self update, as for the best it depends on your budget, I would recommend the VU Solo2 but the zgemma clan will be along soon to tell you how good they are and they are much cheaper but too slow for me.

The zgemma clan rate the boxes because of a few simple reasons price/performance so really is the Vu+ solo2 worth more then 2-3 times the price of these Hell No.

I feel the same when I use a Vu+ solo2 compared to my built system the Vu+ box is so slow and doesn't run half of the stuff including full Kodi with all the works is just one of them.

now you see why the seniors go for better boxes and the newbies for for the cheaper options and then upgrade later?

Haha then you must be a newbie with your Vu+ boxes :friendly_wink:

HTPC with tv tuners destroy the VU+ boxes and cost around the same to put together.

Last edited:
Back