Big Problems With OSCAM

Many channels are black screen and audio only. mgcamd is fine. The only problem is that unless someone knows otherwise, I can only use OSCAM on my Zgemma H7. Grrr....

Many channels are black screen and audio only. mgcamd is fine. The only problem is that unless someone knows otherwise, I can only use OSCAM on my Zgemma H7. Grrr....

Try a different build, grogbuild for H7 would suit your needs, look in Downloads at the top of this page

Try a different build, grogbuild for H7 would suit your needs, look in Downloads at the top of this page

Before I bite the bullet, becuase I am really happy with my current image, can you (or anyone) confirm that the "grogbuild" is clearing channels which aren't giving video at the moment (such as Sky News HD, Sky Sports Main Event HD, Sky Sports Premier League HD etc.).

Note: I am pretty sure this is a OSCAM issue, becuase on other receivers OSCAM will only clear these channels after being restarted after each channel change. Also, MGCAMD is fine.

Are there any other cams for H7 that can will work as an alternative?

nope, H7 has Arm processor i believe and has to have oscam line to clear channels

what build are you using now?

this Audio description problem has been going on for a month so if you've not put a new build on the box or updated, then this is what's causing your problems

nope, H7 has Arm processor i believe and has to have oscam line to clear channels

what build are you using now?

this Audio description problem has been going on for a month so if you've not put a new build on the box or updated, then this is what's causing your problems

Please bear with me... here goes my full explanation!!!

I have a mix of receivers from Zgemma and Edision. Only one of them is ARM based (H7). They are all running OpenPLI which I know has not been updated to fix problems in any way.

However, I was able to solve the problem (with the exception of the H7) by installing the AC3 descriptor patch found elsewehere in this forum. The H7 was fixed by manually forcing the PIDs using Dreambox Edit.

This worked fine although I have noted the audio problem is now back on BT Sport 3 HD (and maybe others).

Today, it would appear that there are issues with OSCAM resolving video on some channels.

OSCAM appears to only clear channels after a restart (this doesn't work on the H7). MGCAMD clears the channels without problem. Of course, MGCAMD is no available on the H7.

I need definite confirmation that the "grogbuild" is fine at the current time, or an alternative cam, or something else entirely.

I suspect OSCAM needs a fix.

Thanks for your time.

What version of oscam are you using ?
Have you tried another version?

Aha... I think you might be onto something there...

I have r11390 on most of my boxes, I have noticed that on one of them it has r11392 and that seems to work from channel to channel.

So... can anyone steer me to a H7 version r11392 or later?

Oscam works fine on ATV6.1 for the H7, I have my own build & it clears all hd channels fine as will grogsbuild so I'd have thought its related to your build, possible oscam version as dangerous has suggested.
(I made a Pli image when I 1st got the H7 just to have a look at Pli but changed back to ATV simply because everything works 1st time & has more plugin options with ATV...If its not broke dont fix it type thing).

Last edited:
Are you using the correct oscam? there is oscam and oscam for arm

I've not got a h7 plugged in at the moment but my VU+ Uno which is arm based using ATV 6.1 and oscam is getting sound on the main event and premier and sound on bt3 HD appears OK.

The OSCAM I am using is the only one that I found that works on the H7. Unfortunately, I can no longer find the original file/source that I got it from to see if there is an updated one available. Up until today it was working fine. However, today it would appear that I need a more up-to-date version for the H7 as it works OK on my other boxes, although I prefer to use MGCAMD on these. My provider does indeed, allow the used OSCAM.

Are you using the correct oscam? there is oscam and oscam for arm

I've not got a h7 plugged in at the moment but my VU+ Uno which is arm based using ATV 6.1 and oscam is getting sound on the main event and premier and sound on bt3 HD appears OK.

what's the difference between oscam and oscam for arm?

Back