Cable Box crashes at 3:30am every night

I've just tried to decompile LogManager.pyo in the hope i can see the 3:30am job and switch it off.
II get an invalid pyc file when trying with easy python decompiler, have you ever seen that error before with pyo files ?

Some python files just won't decompile.
I would put OpenDROID on it and see how that works.
That's what I was using before FrankenViX was born ;)

Or maybe this
mounts = []
matches = []
print "[LogManager] probing folders"
f = open('/proc/mounts', 'r')
for line in f.readlines():
parts = line.strip().split()
mounts.append(parts[1])
f.close()

Shitty boxes you are using so its no surprise a 3 page thread has been summoned.

Good luck with all your crap fixes that you dont need with a decent reciever:)

Tmtwin 4k /evo and pure hd working just sweet here:)

It's the image, not the box.
But based on the previous reply starting "Its basic, no brains of britain required here" then told me to flash it, after I previously said I flashed it. You already know everything without reading anything

I've been flashing since the E1 days and Edge Menesis ;) I know a couple of things.
I moved the epg to flash to eliminate any USB issues.
Just that "it causes corruption" didnt give enough of an answer to me. I understand it can fill up the box, make it RO, but don't know what it corrupts other than that.
I will probably keep the epg on flash and see if I experience any problems.
Takes 10-20 min to rebuild a box

No crash at 3:30 today !
I made the classic mistake of changing 2 things at the same time (enabled mount again for every 1 hour.. disabled trash clean up) and don't know what fixed it pahh
I am going to disable mount again and see if it survives another night.

Thanks all for the comments
Hi
I am having the same problem as you can you tell me where in settings I can find the disable trash settings on menu
Regards
C

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think the trash settings are in MOVIE LIST. Just press the LIST button then MENU > SETTINGS.
The easiest way to get to the majority of settings is by using OpenWebIf.
Just type the IP address of your receiver in a browser window on your PC and click settings on the left.

I think the trash settings are in MOVIE LIST. Just press the LIST button then MENU > SETTINGS.
The easiest way to get to the majority of settings is by using OpenWebIf.
Just type the IP address of your receiver in a browser window on your PC and click settings on the left.
Thx for that lets see if it works for me.

Hi
I am having the same problem as you can you tell me where in settings I can find the disable trash settings on menu
Regards
C

Do you have any network mounts?
I got a response from OpenATV today saying to change fstab mounts to autofs mounts.
The image seems more stable now.
It would commonly crash on loading file browser but is a lot smoother

Disabling the trash check via GUI didn't fix it for me.
I never managed to safely remove it from pyo file either

Thx for that lets see if it works for me.

Well tried changing the trash can settings and it worked for 1 night no crash then last night it crashed again, so now going to try the mount setting change as advisecd by davejee
FINGERS Crossed

Do you have any network mounts?
I got a response from OpenATV today saying to change fstab mounts to autofs mounts.
The image seems more stable now.
It would commonly crash on loading file browser but is a lot smoother
Just looked and dont have any mounts so it cant be that.
Oh well back to re booting every morning for the mo untill i can find a cure.

Back