box gone down after re flash

jibbbbbb

Re flashed box last night with llatest filmwere and now lost ever think started from sscratch now ccan'tget soft cam to except line any Iideas thanks

Have you ftp'd the mg_cam file and the newcamd.lst file to usr/keys
before trying to activate the cam ?

hi again try to install plugins and it say sorry feeds are down for maintenance please try again later is this just me or is ever one getting the same message please help many thanks

Hi all vu+ duo 2 box for sale I'v had enough ... been trying now for hours all II'mgetting Iis no config files found please set up mgcamd first in / var/ keys if thereIis any one in brum thatcan help me out please contact me other wise II'mselling Iit or worst still the way feel at the moment smashingIit up to bits

---------- Post Merged at 07:21 PM ----------

hi bees can you please can you tell me more please

---------- Post Merged at 07:24 PM ----------

HI BEES CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS PLEASE IN MORE DETAIL Thank you mate I'm at the end of my tether with this box thank you mate

---------- Post Merged at 07:24 PM ----------

HI BEES CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS PLEASE IN MORE DETAIL Thank you mate I'm at the end of my tether with this box thank you mate

user error as not reading the setup guide.
if using vix and you made a mistake start afresh download image and when box reboots go through motions in the wizard when done go to download plugins which [ feeds status is green and working ] go to softcams and download either mgcamd 1.38 and/or cccam 2.30.nline will go into usr/keys
mg_cfg and newcamdlist in downloads.

this box works very well walk away and do it when calm ,it is daunting but you will get there.(y)

as for lines I have both sky and cable it was all perfect before I updated filmware , I could record on both cable and sky ive laid out a fair few quid on this set up , as far as I no my provider is supplying me n lines ,,, I have had a problem trying to format my 64 gig usb to fat 32 but think I got there in the end ,,, when transferring my lines over I'm using a surface pro connected by a usb inthernet cable on windows 10 ,,, because my old pc is broke when I first set the box up I did it though my old pc I'm wondering if I'm not sending lines though correctly to softcam ,,,,,, is there away I can remove all data on my box and start from scratch apart from factory reset which leave vixs image on there ,, can you boys please oh please help me on this one I'm getting shit of the mrs to top it all off,,, if there is any one in brum near me that can come round and somme where the **** I'm going wrong I will give them a drink that's how bad its getting once again thanks to you no who catakid, bees ext ext

when flashing these boxes max size is 8gb and using integral,kingston or cruzer all work,can you remember what cam was loaded to box and in use?
lines are done by lan connection on network to send line info .
remember first thing you have to do when box is flashed is to get the cams loaded to box from download plugins before you try ftp to box.

follow bees tut to guide you further.

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Last edited:
when flashing these boxes max size is 8gb and using integral,kingston or cruzer all work,can you remember what cam was loaded to box and in use?
lines are done by lan connection on network to send line info .
remember first thing you have to do when box is flashed is to get the cams loaded to box from download plugins before you try ftp to box.
thanks you mate so I will go and get a 8 gig usb stick in the morning ,, as for cam I was using mgcamd.1.38 for both cable and sky and sky roi and they where all perfect .... ive just had a email of my provider saying one line is live and ive emailed him back stating I'm paying for two or does he mean one should be up and running cheers mate thank you for your help

ok now were getting there as i said use those working named usb sticks as many have issues flashing these boxes,ok restart from scratch is best as we feckup all the time as we are human.
follow bees tut and dont use restore settings [ putting bad bugs back in ] download plugins and get the softcam mgcamd 1.38 loaded.

you can make a folder on pc dektop named duo2 where you can download your 2 files mg_cfg and newcamd.list as you can send files back and forth with filezilla and you will have a copy of your line info

maybe your provider gives you sat and cable as bees tut shows 2 lines 1 cable and 1 sat

thank you all for your help with go and get a usb stick as cactikid says how do I set mynbox back to completely blank so I can start from scratch is it just factory setii
ting I I dimthat it still has vix filmware on it I wont to completely start from scratch so box is like new many thanks again all will be be back after I got new usb stick cheers

reflash erases all old data and writes new data so old bugs are gone,never tried the image manager route so cannot comment.maybe worth a try if no usb to hand.

it will be like when you got your box for the first time.=needs extras added(y)

not much help now but as a newbiee myself once i had box setup the way i wanted it also a duo2 settings back up and copy of the image i copied them across to my pc as a back up so i have a copy of each 1 on the pc and 1 on the duo maybe OTT but its a fail-safe as already stated also copy your line info across as a backup i have also done this with the picons i use

1 other thing i also did as soon as i got the box up and running and clearing channels before making any changes i make a image and backup and kept that safe so if i cocked up when messing about with setting i didnt fully understand i just restored back to where i was
filezilla on the pc will help a lot to move files back and forth to the duo2

i am no excerpt like others on here and am still learning (even asking the daftest questions peeps on here will help they helped me :whacko: just keep your cool and if its ding your nut in take a step back for 10 mins or so and try again

good luck but you wont need it as you will work it all out i am sure

---------- Post Merged at 01:18 AM ----------

reflash erases all old data and writes new data so old bugs are gone,never tried the image manager route so cannot comment.maybe worth a try if no usb to hand.

it will be like when you got your box for the first time.=needs extras added(y)

my first re flash scared the life out of me lol i even made a copy of all the recordings thinking it would wipe the HDD silly me

WHAT IS FTP;D THE MG_ CAM MEEN IS IT WHEN I Use filezilla to send lines over if so I think I have is there anyway of checking if lines have been sent to box ,,, whoops sorry about caps ,,, once again thank you ever one for your help

FTP is file transfer protocol and filezilla is a FTP programme
save your lines to your desktop that your provider has give you then open up filezilla on your pc then connect to your duo2 once you have done this go to the top right hand box open up the folder tree to show its contents scroll to usr folder and open it this will show more folders look for keys folder open this folder and your lines are here make a folder on your desktop call what ever you want then drag the line files into it you are doing this as a backup just in case you make an error (once they are there by checking the folder content on the desktop) i would delete them from the duo2 box in the keys folder and then drag the ones you saved in the first place back into the keys folder
it really is that simple its harder to type it up than doing it should take no longer than a min to do

---------- Post Merged at 05:44 PM ----------

save your lines to your desktop that your provider has give you then open up filezilla on your pc then connect to your duo2 once you have done this go to the top right hand box open up the folder tree to show its contents scroll to usr folder and open it this will show more folders look for keys folder open this folder and your lines are here make a folder on your desktop call what ever you want then drag the line files into it you are doing this as a backup just in case you make an error (once they are there by checking the folder content on the desktop) i would delete them from the duo2 box in the keys folder and then drag the ones you saved in the first place back into the keys folder
it really is that simple its harder to type it up than doing it should take no longer than a min to do

---------- Post Merged at 05:44 PM ----------

thankyou mate well I'm doing it right but no luck yet think I will get a new usb and reflash the box the only problem is when you insert a usb stick in to a surface pro on windows 10 it wont recognize fat 32 and try to reformat it well it does on my 64 gig stick so I will get a 8 gig one like catkid advised and go from there cheers ever one for your help

If you struggle to format it as fat32 on a 8gb stick it should be OK fat32 but I have always used a programme called fat32 formatter on my pc

Re flashing and starting again it a good thing just make sure you have a copy of your lines or ask provider for the info again

Back