Bricked Box

rsnw25624

Earlier today I had the bright idea to change the firmware so I downloaded the mtpockets OpenATV4.2 from here

Used my usual flash drive followed the usual procedure which I have done before.

It sat there flashing as normal and after a few minuted started swapping from saying 'flash' to 'boot' backwards and forwards it went but it did not boot.

I eventually, and reluctantly switched the box off and on again... nothing. I tried to reflash... nothing

All leads are unplugged and I have been unable to do anything with it. The front red led comes on and the yellow ethernet light is on at the back with the green ethernet light flashing on and off every few seconds.

Is there anything I can do or is it dead?

Take flash usb and put in PC.
Download free low level format tool from hddguru.
Run and full format the usb. Untick quick format.
Windows full format. Again untick quick.
Put ur zgemma flash folder back on and try again.
Should fix the mbr on the USB stick.

Happens a lot.

the same thing happened to me, excatly everything you said! i spent a couple of days trying everything...nothing worked. im sorry to say but your box is f##ked!! luckily for me my supplier took the box back and replaced it.

the same thing happened to me, excatly everything you said! i spent a couple of days trying everything...nothing worked. im sorry to say but your box is f##ked!! luckily for me my supplier took the box back and replaced it.

Was your experience with the backup I posted too??

Take flash usb and put in PC.
Download free low level format tool from hddguru.
Run and full format the usb. Untick quick format.
Windows full format. Again untick quick.
Put ur zgemma flash folder back on and try again.
Should fix the mbr on the USB stick.

Happens a lot.

Nope, no change... one very dead box

Have you tried the USB in the front USB slot and if the front display shows flash/boot press the power button on the front of the box? If it just says flash or boot without alternating between them then dont press any buttons and just leave it

Have you tried the USB in the front USB slot and if the front display shows flash/boot press the power button on the front of the box? If it just says flash or boot without alternating between them then dont press any buttons and just leave it

Nothing. the light on the pen drive flashes but no other difference...

I guess I'll be buying a new box... :(

Just trying to help get to the bottom of this so we can find a solution....were you using a portable hard drive previously?

Not that I can say, it seems pot luck, I always used Kingston but I bought a pack of three 8Gb Sandisk for 10 from PCworld and they all work!

In my experience only San disk cruzer have ever NOT recovered for me.
Used dozens of kingston g3 and g4 and all have recovered with hddguru.
But again thats just me.

Id try diff flash's first.
Then as a last resort id run the bootloader from zgemma .tv site.
If If that fails I'd buy kingston g USB.
Then if u didn't buy from china contact ur supplier and lie ( i know, bad) by saying it just died and fingers crossed.
If they say no find the guys on eBay who JTAG boxs. Theyll be almost sure able to revive it.

Id try diff flash's first.
Then as a last resort id run the bootloader from zgemma .tv site.
If If that fails I'd buy kingston g USB.
Then if u didn't buy from china contact ur supplier and lie by saying it just died and fingers crossed.
If they say no find the guys on eBay who JTAG boxs. Theyll be almost sure able to revive it.

Thanks for that Sucmnsee

At least there are some options.

Not sure if you've had chance to have another look at your box but just read this elsewhere it may help ......

i would check to see if the outer satellite cable is not touching the inner solid cable that can cause your box to reboot because there is between 13 and 18 volts going through the cable to switch the lnb between horizontal and vertical channnels

Also I note the .tv site is still down today. If you're still looking for the bootloader file for the Zgemma 2S it's here

Please post back an update.....

Back