Bricked Box

Take flash usb and put in PC.
Download free low level format tool from hddguru.
Run and full format the usb. Untick quick format.
Windows full format. Again untick quick.
Put ur zgemma flash folder back on and try again.
Should fix the mbr on the USB stick.

Happens a lot.

x1

went through the exact same problem yesterday - it takes a while but the above finally worked for me

ive got same problem got image on cant flash againchannels where saying pid or sid so went to autobouquets and scan but says tuner not locked or something like that and aborted and mate then done sat scan and channels all fucked up now trying to flash again not working

ive got same problem got image on cant flash againchannels where saying pid or sid so went to autobouquets and scan but says tuner not locked or something like that and aborted and mate then done sat scan and channels all fucked up now trying to flash again not working

Alcable you haven't got the same problem. Your box powers up and has an image that boots so it isn't bricked!

Check the cables running to the back of the box from the dish - make sure they are plugged in on the diagonal (ie top and bottom right ports). That should allow the tuner automatic scan and ABM scan to work. If that fails then physically check the cables and plugs, if that fails check your box on a mates dish as it may be an incompatible LNB on the dish.

If you're just struggling to reflash the box because you want to start again from scratch then follow the instructions previously given in this thread for using HDDGuru and windows full format before trying again. If still struggling just by a new USB flash drive (ideally less than 32gb and a decent brand!) unzip and copy the files to your flash drive and make sure the rear power switch of your box is turned off before plugging your usb in

mate got box back at my house which ive done lots of boxes can plug other boxes in and it works never seen this problem b4 it was from different guy on ebay and it had a wos image on so first thing done is put your new image on but it still say wos at start up and other one i flashed says techkings appollo with a wee alien guy at start up so thinking its a bad flash and trying again so i have done the first full format from hddguru and in middle of second windows full format whivh takes ages btw i will let you know how i get on i am persitant and how does this bootloader thing work i done that on first zgemmma i got and need to send to get jtagged hope this is not the same any help would be great thanks

trouble is with zgemma using vix image you dont know if is original [ not supported ] or patched image when got from anywhere.

sometimes crap happens and you have to do a bootloader flash first,exactly the same as you do image,if its here use it or from zgemma directly,once done
do your image.

not using correct file for boxes could brick them.

same box in same packaging as b4 and was dearer ironic more hassle my first one i used the bootload for zgemma 2 instead of 2s and bricked just scared to do again like to try to fix myself b4 sent away for jtag and still waiting on windows full format to try it first then i will try bootloader when i flash the bootloader does it start up then i do reflash is that correct

i dont have or used that box but had to use on my max digital 1000,no box did not start up as with mine it was a red icon turned green and could see the usb flashing away and then flashing green saying job done.

always have boxes powered off/unplugged while inserting/removing.

it amazes me all the problems people have with usb sticks on zgemmas. I have got quite a few different usbs sticks all shapes, sizes and expenses and none of them have ever failed me. This makes me think it is probably a dodgy usb port on these boxes that is to blame. Mine is obviously not dodgy. I am now thinking a solution to these problems is actually to give your usb slot a clean and a wiggle with a cotton bud and see if it helps.

If u wanna try force it kiddac
Flash with a usb.
Allow it to boot fully
Then try flash with it again
Thats what seems to do it.

(Using kingston g4 16gb usually. Ive found same in 32gb are dreadful. Lost 3 when trying them. And all are on various different boxs)
Hope it helps

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply kiddac and sucmnsee. I have tried with 10 different USB including Kingston 8 gb g2, integral 8gb but there is no luck. the display at the front swapping from saying 'flash' to 'boot' backwards and forwards. Tried many techniques mentioned in this forum like press the volume down button when you power up etc . But there is no joy. I am not sure it is bricked coz i was cautious to use the correct bootloader for ZGEMMA H2S. Never mind i will try a few other USBs and see how it goes.....

---------- Post Merged at 06:19 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply kiddac and sucmnsee. I have tried with 10 different USB including Kingston 8 gb g2, integral 8gb but there is no luck. the display at the front swapping from saying 'flash' to 'boot' backwards and forwards. Tried many techniques mentioned in this forum like press the volume down button when you power up etc . But there is no joy. I am not sure it is bricked coz i was cautious to use the correct bootloader for ZGEMMA H2S. Never mind i will try a few other USBs and see how it goes.....

dead S2

I have the red led only syndrome which if i am correct this means it dosnt even look for usb, is there a specific procedure for the S2 to jtag it !

Last edited:
I have the red light on powerup problem with a Zgemma 2S. I have wired up with jtag and can connect to the box, but do not know which Eprom settings to use to download a new bootloader to the receiver. Any help would be appreciated.

Back