bricked solo2

Dirtstout

can anyone help. i bought a solo2 with blackhole image on which arrived from china two days ago.

i tried a couple of different images to see what the difference was between them. i came down in the morning and switched the box on and now it is dead. the light comes on on the front and lights up for about a second. you can hear it making a noise inside like its working. but theres no picture on the tv. theres no writing on the display and it doesnt pick up a usb when i put one in.

can anybody give me any help as i'm pulling my hair out trying to get it fixed.

thanks

did you try the new vix image zeus or was it just blackhole for clonesafe firmware,might have to contact supplier to ship back or for them to ship you new part,you buy cheap and can pay twice with these boxes,hopefully others can advise more.

Hi. It took all images. I was trying a couple of different ones. I can't remember what was on last. But it was working. When I switched it on in the morning nothing happened at all

i emailed them to say it wasnt working. all they told me to do is read a forum. and the forum they told me to look at didnt support clones. so that wasnt much use. ive emailed them twixw since asking what to do. i'm going email them tomorrow saying i'm going to open a paypal case. as its a faulty item item. i wont hold my breath tho.

it maybe the psu. but i would have though there would be no life in it at all if it was that. and as i say the light still shows on the front and the network cable port lights up. or would they still work if the psu board gone?

Hi @dirtstout I am facing exactly the same problem as yours, I had my box for about 3 months now, have you had any luck?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

clonesafe firmware has to be used on clones failing that it can brick the box and is one reason why i will never buy a clone.wos dont support clones as they are rip off boxes and sadly people find out later,if its made in china leave it there.

Solo2 Clones are now in the market. ... can not accept any refunds where the receiver has been damaged or bricked from flashing any images.:boo:

Mine and my friends have gone off at the same time this morning. Does anyone know of a software upgrade that's possible bricked them today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I bought the box they said I could update to any firmware. It was working I tried a few different images and all worked fine. Didn't have anysort of hardware error.

I couldn't find any fix. Emailed them back. Had to send it back to china. Wasn't cheap. Cost £28 to send it back. So have told them I want th shipping refunded. They said just send the motherboard but. Didn't fancy just sending that. Incase they said it was damaged in transit. So sent the whole box. Just hope they fix it and it stays fixed

there is a fix for this. basicly what has happend he has flashed offical firmware onto a clone box. however, if you goto the ferrari site use the red light fix to deal with this problem.

not so sure as others are on different images and went at the same time,if they all went to original ok,seen a clonesafe update bricked boxes as was removed lol

posted elsewhere

To all solo 2 clone owners.

There have recently been alot of solo 2 clone owners bricking/killing their boxes as they have not took the time to read any of the threads regarding the clone solo 2 upgrade to enable box to act as genuine and take any image.

YOU MUST FIRST CHECK TO SEE IF THE UPGRADE IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR BOX OR THE CONSEQUENCE IS A BRICKED BOX.

If you are unsure what version box you have the simplest way to tell is flash/install any up-to date image.This will not harm box in any way and will show 1 of 2 things.If the image boots to image no problem then you DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING treat your box as a genuine box.. if your box shows H.W on display after install then you can carry out the solo 2 upgrades at your own risk by following the instructions/tutorial
posted elsewhere reply from china

"hello friend.
the problem is not for the box, I think it is for the server or the software, all the solo 2 in Europe can not work in the same time..many customer from different country tell me the same probelm. i think the software is crush. a Germany customer tell me that it is not just my company solo2 cant work .all the solo2 solo(vu product ) cant work. my engineer will look for the problem .i am waiting for his reply. sorry. pls give me time to solve it"

how to tell if clone box.
HTML:
http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82&pagenum=1

Last edited:
Bricked? I was told you can't brick one at all due to the flash chip?

I thought I did ages ago on a xtrend and was in fact a dodgy USB stick. Fresh stick and was flashed all ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried 3 different USB sticks. And nothing so don't know. But also I tried about 4 different genuine images. And they all worked fine. Never had any errors. And was advised by the seller that genuine images would work fine. It just gave up the ghost when I tired to switch it on in the morning.

reading on dk possible time bomb.

"Quote Originally Posted by RuberDuck View Post
The it looks like your's has been hit the same as others are reporting, my guess and it's just a guess but i'd say Vu+ have implemented something that has corrupted the boot sector and if that is the case you would need to reflash the bootloader but that's not so easy for the reasons i gave above. at this moment it looks like the box is bricked for the foreseeable future. "

they say vu drivers are used in other images so that might suggest why chip is damaged,no bootloader for solo2 originals and no jtag points so blank screen for the foreseeable future ouch

so buying cheap may end up paying thrice now.

Ignore me if I'm being a bit thick. But if that was the case wouldn't it brick the box as soon as the image is flashed? As mine was working fine and then just stopped the. Next morning.

no not straight away and funny all on today posts and including mini solos gone down,i keep saying dont put original firmware on boxes and people dont listen=costly mistake and for the suppliers in china its going to leave a big dent.
get onto box providers tell them your box died and see what they are going to do.

Back