Buffer Issues VM

Kevinpug1

Hi,

I recently upgraded my broadband to 1gig VM, I can watch iptv all day without any buffering however comes 7pm it starts till about 10pm. I have got 3 iptv providers and they all buffer during this time which tells me its VM. I currently have VM latest router think its 5. I connected to Free VPN on protonvpn Netherlands or USA however buffer was still happening not as often but did still occured. I connected my formuler z11 pro max to my mobile hotspot and the buffering it’s gone!. How is it possible that I get constant buffer between 7-10 pm on 900mbps but on mobile data I can watch it smoothly?!. Can anyone solution to this. I was thinking of the following.

1. get my own router and put vm router in modem mode
2. pay for proton vpn and connect to other countries till I Find the one that wont buffer.
3. Increase my mobie data and always use hotspot for the evening.
4. Open for suggestions.

I am gutted as I thought upgrading to the fastest speeds would give me smooth iptv experience. I have all nanny settings off even firewall on the router.

Any help me much appreciated.

Hi,

I recently upgraded my broadband to 1gig VM, I can watch iptv all day without any buffering however comes 7pm it starts till about 10pm. I have got 3 iptv providers and they all buffer during this time which tells me its VM. I currently have VM latest router think its 5. I connected to Free VPN on protonvpn Netherlands or USA however buffer was still happening not as often but did still occured. I connected my formuler z11 pro max to my mobile hotspot and the buffering it’s gone!. How is it possible that I get constant buffer between 7-10 pm on 900mbps but on mobile data I can watch it smoothly?!. Can anyone solution to this. I was thinking of the following.

2. pay for proton vpn and connect to other countries till I Find the one that wont buffer.
4. Open for suggestions.

I am gutted as I thought upgrading to the fastest speeds would give me smooth iptv experience. I have all nanny settings off even firewall on the router.

Get a paid VPN free one's are not the best. Surfshark or IP vanish are good.You are being throttled.

Get a paid VPN free one's are not the best. Surfshark or IP vanish are good.You are being throttle

How dare they?!!! I’ll get paid vpn to see how I get on is it best to use it on the device that I am watching Iptv on like formuler? or integrate it to the router if i can?

Thanks for quick reply!

How dare they?!!! I’ll get paid vpn to see how I get on is it best to use it on the device that I am watching Iptv on like formuler? or integrate it to the router if i can?

Thanks for quick reply!
I would install the VPN app on the box and login via that. Fire sticks the apps can be installed and via Google apps store.

Hi,

4. Open for suggestions.

Make sure your provider(s) allow you to use a vpn, some don't. I've been with vm for years and never had this

Got Expressvpn and so far so good, real test be tomorrrow at around 7 pm,

Yes I am running Ethernet from my router to my Formuler, I tried connecting with wifi but that didnt solve the buffering. I get 950 mbps on ethernet and about 700 on wifi.
Make sure your provider(s) allow you to use a vpn, some don't. I've been with vm for years and never had this
I am just guessing here, When I look at available networks there’s 6 other vm networks I could connect to which makes me think at least 6 of my
neighbours has VM wonder if they have to do this throttleing if there are a lot vm customers on 1 street?

Got Expressvpn and so far so good, real test be tomorrrow at around 7 pm,

Yes I am running Ethernet from my router to my Formuler, I tried connecting with wifi but that didnt solve the buffering. I get 950 mbps on ethernet and about 700 on wifi.

I am just guessing here, When I look at available networks there’s 6 other vm networks I could connect to which makes me think at least 6 of my
neighbours has VM wonder if they have to do this throttleing if there are a lot vm customers on 1 street?
No, my Internet does go slower after 5pm, this has no impact on me though. Its to do with the fact that everyone's coming home from work and school and using more bandwidth, it doesn't actually go lower than what I'm paying for but downloads are much faster at 2pm than they are at 6pm.
Are there many users in your house using tiktok, YouTube and streaming/gaming etc after 6pm every day?
This will have a massive effect on your iptv

All isp do tend to reduce speeds at peak times due to the uk broadband infrastructure can not handle the demand @Kevinpug1 what other devices do you have is there anyone in your house gaming and downloading large files.
That can also have an effect on your download and upload but as you’ve tethered your phone to your device and no buffering does look like a vm issue
Firesticks don't have Google apps store, he'll need to download by using the search icon on the home screen.
search is easier then going to Amazon market place or if got an android phone and already got the apps installed on there you can use apps2fire to send them over.

All isp do tend to reduce speeds at peak times due to the uk broadband infrastructure can not handle the demand @Kevinpug1 what other devices do you have is there anyone in your house gaming and downloading large files.

He says he gets speeds of 1 gig, that should be more than enough for everyone in the house to do whatever they want and also to offset any "peak usage" in the neighbourhood imo. He's being throttled.

He says he gets speeds of 1 gig, that should be more than enough for everyone in the house to do whatever they want and also to offset any "peak usage" in the neighbourhood imo. He's being throttled.
True should be more than enough I’m with vm and noticed my speeds drop when downloading or kids gaming (using vm router) so at peak times they reduce speed cause there is too much of a demand on the infrastructure some will call it “throttling” others won’t

Regardless of throttling a 1 gig connection even then should be more than enough for streaming 15mb would cover it.

Issue between 7pm-10 could also mean your provider is underload.

I take it all nanny setting are off seems the must be for it to be between those hours. Router, hub and device rebooted

Hi,

4. Open for suggestions.

I think trying another paid version of VPN may help, see if you can get a trial of Express or Surfshark, I have run IPTV on 12 mpbs.
Could be the VPN throttling it,

Regardless of throttling a 1 gig connection even then should be more than enough for streaming 15mb would cover it.

Issue between 7pm-10 could also mean your provider is underload.

I take it all nanny setting are off seems the must be for it to be between those hours. Router, hub and device rebooted
Most providers should have load balancers to help with the load at peak and non peak times.
I would say take it to a friends house and see if still same there.
Looking through thread he’s tried hotspot so has done some troubleshoot but as you say a good old reboot of everything should help

Back