Buying my first box. Will this do what I need?

jademcquade

Hi chaps.

Looking to get set up on a budget at the moment and delve into the world of cable tv.

I like the look of this box as it supports OpenVix which looks like a cracking piece of software. I'm with Vermin for Broadband and was hoping this will take a cable feed. Confused by some of the technical details but I gather a single Tuner DVB-T2/C is good enough for vermin cable input?

Maybe a silly question but I gather the sound still comes through the HDMI cable with this? Seems to be a few other output feeds on the box that I'm not sure are needed or not?

One last question. I'd love if I could get Celtic TV on this. Is that a question for another section on this forum regarding lines? I saw a previous thread were only certain channels were available via satellite.

Anyway thanks any advice here much appreciated.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-dvb-c-t2

I've got the same box, fits your needs perfectly, sound output through HDMI, can't help you with info on the footy channel, it's not in my channel list, don't know whether it would be if my line was from a different provider........not that it would get watched in our house anyway :whistling:

Hi, I don't think you get celtic tv via the sat line, ive only ever seen mutv Liverpool tv and Chelsea tv on the sat lines... I do have iptv and that receives celtic tv

Thanks for the replies guys. Very much appreciated. I'll have a look and see if the box supports IPTV then. That's something new to me as well so will need to look into what that is too lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Great info guys. My father has a Samsung Smart TV which is fairly recent so might see if he can get it through that then :-) It's him that's pestering me about a certain football club!

the d series of Samsung smart tv`s is not supported...its only supported on e series and above

Great info guys. My father has a Samsung Smart TV which is fairly recent so might see if he can get it through that then :-) It's him that's pestering me about a certain football club!

Its very easy to setup if he has the iptv app,You give a small payment to activate the app and then you have 2 ways to set it up,A mac code which you will have or an m3u file to upload

The TV is an H series so should be good for IPTV via an app then. Not sure about IPTV though as I'm not sure how reliable these feeds are once the money as paid as have seen a previous web stream company go to the wall after a few weeks, having paid for twelve months. Can't remember what it was called. Is there a box similar to the one I listed in the first post that comes in at less than £150 and could stream decent too?

you will get the smart iptv app free for the first 7 days but will then need to pay around 5 euros, i think it works out at around £4.50 or there abouts for the app after 7 days

Or £4.68 at current rates :grin: and then a sub which i don't know what people charge on here but my sub is very reasonable for a year, i may be paying over or under, i have no idea :)

Buying a new box; there is a suggestion for you.

You should go for the android media box to watch ipTV that is the new era of television entertainment.

HD Subs is a good iptv service provider worldwide.

If looking to add iptv I wouldn't look to put it on one of those boxes personally as they become slow I'd add it to iptv tv app if free of add it to a android box fairly cheap to pick up and easy to set up iptv on them

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've went for an Edision Mini. I have a Fire TV which I should be able to possibly get IPTV through. Have seen Plex mentioned and can get that as a first part app without having to go through Kodi. I'll definitely check out HAD Subs. Cheers :-)

There's loads of ways to get IPTV on your Fire TV, better to go down that route than putting on your box unless you've got something high end.

Back