Cable turner saying scan error

Gmann

Help needed, I have a new z gemma star h1 box. I have virgin media broadband with the basic tv ( vm box not working and in other room ) , so I take it I have an active feed. Plugged the cable feed into turner b. the box is running open vix so entered net I'd. Run bousets lists, I am getting BBC 1,2, ITV, BBC 3 etc which I take is the free to air channels , no BBC hd channels though.The problem is that when's owing an automatic scan it just brings up an error saying unable to scan. This is doing my head in, I have done a factory reset , set up from scratch and same thing happens. Can some one help ??

Help needed, I have a new z gemma star h1 box. I have virgin media broadband with the basic tv ( vm box not working and in other room ) , so I take it I have an active feed. Plugged the cable feed into turner b. the box is running open vix so entered net I'd. Run bousets lists, I am getting BBC 1,2, ITV, BBC 3 etc which I take is the free to air channels , no BBC hd channels though.The problem is that when's owing an automatic scan it just brings up an error saying unable to scan. This is doing my head in, I have done a factory reset , set up from scratch and same thing happens. Can some one help ??

You also need the Bouquets/channels specifically for cable and in setup put in your area netid.

I have , I'm in the cardiff area so net I'd 00004 , choose ntl Bridgend, scammed , shows 365 channels , 38 radio stations

I have only got the tuner b, I have the channel list with all the channel but only FTA ones working, im not sure if the newcmd and mg cfg files are right, even though the box softcam manager says active ?

I have only got the tuner b, I have the channel list with all the channel but only FTA ones working, im not sure if the newcmd and mg cfg files are right, even though the box softcam manager says active ?

Hi defiantly your cam or server then if your getting channels fta but premium are not clearing...
even if your cam is active it still needs to have your cam configs correct and in the correct folders on box.

Have you changed the front end of yout line to read CWS =
instead of N:

in the newcamd.list file ?

And are they both ftp'd to var/keys ?

Is the ethernet port flashing every few seconds ?

The FTA channels you are getting are correct if your line isn't active.

Last edited:
Yes changed to cws , sent both to var/keys, Ethernet is flashing, wot do you mean about the line being inactive ?

Yes changed to cws , sent both to var/keys, Ethernet is flashing, wot do you mean about the line being inactive ?

Means even if your line don't work you will still get free view channels.
your problem has to be down to set up or your server ain't serving.

Yep, you only get about 4 FTA channels on cable, you get a lot more on sat.

I would try a different cam, I set up a box which just didn't like 1.38, no idea why
worked fine running 1.35a and two versions of CCcam.

Back