Cache Flush

Ryan38

Can someone tell me how to set up Cache Flush please? I'm using mt pockets open atv image. Just want to know the steps to downloading it to setting it up so it works automatically? Thanks

Menu … Plugins… Download Plugins… Extensions
cacheflush (2.0+git9)
restart
Then to activate
Menu… Plugins… CacheFlush.
Enable cacheflush - yes
Clear Now (Blue button)

Once you've got it installed, you'll want to go in to the plugin settings and turn off the notifications otherwise you'll have it popping up on screen all the time.

Cheers Guys

---------- Post Merged at 03:07 PM ----------

Just a quick one, one enabled does it the automatically clear every now and then as opposed to having to manually do it?

---------- Post Merged at 03:13 PM ----------

And one more, what uncached mem size would you guys recommend to set it too? Currently used 69.75% with 30.25% Free

These are my settings, i increased the uncached memory size to 20480kb as it helps keep memory usage lower when timeshift is enabled.

cacheflush.jpg

These are my settings, i increased the uncached memory size to 20480kb as it helps keep memory usage lower when timeshift is enabled.

And you've noticed it works? i've been wondering about changing this myself but didn't want to bugger anything up

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 PM ----------

thought a higher sized uncached would leave less space for cache and mean it would fill quicker? i could be wrong. anyone know?

My box was running 98-99% used memory & was crashing randomly, increasing the uncached memory size to 20480kb has got it down to 88%-89% & doesn't crash.

Yeah my box crashed 3 times last night, but I realised that my epg was set to "save to internal mem" so I'm guessing that is why!? Have since changed it to save to hdd instead. Timeshift looks like it was already using hdd, was just the epg. My cache is running around 77% full still, so I'm guessing that is still low enough to stop the box crashing? Also I have tried to experiment by disabling Timeshift but when I set it to disable and press save, I can still pause, rewind etc. Have I not disabled the correct setting in Timeshift settings? "Automatically start Timeshift after" then I selected disabled?

---------- Post Merged at 03:03 PM ----------

Also what does "Clean dirty cache too" option do that's in the cachflush settings?

77% is plenty, start worrying when it is constantly at 98-99%.

Have you tried increasing the uncached memory size as shown in the image I posted above?

I always do a manual cache clean after a reboot to. Keeps it ticking along nicely.

your timeshift setting is correct to disable. You should still be able to pause then fast forward and then rewind. but you shouldn't be able to just rewind as it doesn't start saving until you pause.

i use the cache flush but i think it fills as fast as its used try telnet or ssh your box
type the following, you see a bigger clean up or at least i do
free
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
free

also ipk install is much better never had a refusal or error type the following...
cd /tmp
opkg install plugin-plugin-extensions-justforfun_7.5_all.ipk

---------- Post Merged at 11:45 PM ----------

its not just down to cache your plugins are a major filler of space and skins but crossepg also fills up if not told to store old data 0 days or to use a file/skin plugin to move the bigger plugins onto your external HD if you have space doing that can take ussage down to just under 50% or over

I have zgemma h2s box with wooshbuild, I cannot find cacheflush did install it from pc installed but the settings are not showing up, if I go to plugins it doesn't show but if I go to delete plugins it appears in list. I cannot get a few streaming apps to work and been told I need cacheflush for them to work. Friends with same build have the setting but for some reason I cannot get it to work.
Hope you can help

Back