Cannot read data error - H5.2TC

Yaz86

Hi guys

I have just bought a h5.2tc and followed Stes wonderful guide.

I've got to the part where I'm scanning the services and am getting error of 'cannot read data' i have both the sat and cable Lin plugged in in their respective places (tuner a and tuner b/c) the settings have been enabled in tuner config for both cable tuners.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here.. any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Just to confirm, you are scanning via Autobouquetsmaker and not via the Auto / Manual scan in Tuner setup menu?

If you're scanning with Autobouquetsmaker, have you enabled both S*y and V*rgin in providers and set your area for each?

Hi thanks for response. Yes both have been enabled (sky area the closest area to me as couldn't find exact)

Also searching using autobouqetsmaker.

As an update the sky Chanels have cleared (I disabled the cable tuners for testing) so looks like an issue with the cable side.. would it fail if I don't have a line on the box or should 1-5 clear as minimum?

With both S*y and VM enabled in ABM providers, it would scan both in - on cable, only the SD versions of 1-5 will work without a line.

Hmmm.. enabled both the cable tuners and rescanned with area 41020 - still failing on the reading v*rgin UK...

Do you have genuine VM service(s) at your home?

Is the VM wire plugged into the RF IN port via the F to RF adapter?

Are you using any splitters on the wire?

Do you have genuine VM service(s) at your home?

Is the VM wire plugged into the RF IN port via the F to RF adapter?

Are you using any splitters on the wire?

Yes have broadband services - have plugged a neighbours box in previously and it's worked fine so happy that signal is fine.

Go on a cable channel then press menu, setup, service searching, signal finder press right to change to Turner what signals are you getting?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back