Can't connect to internet

Janso

TK Veteran
I can't get my receiver to connect to the internet no matter what I do. Rebooted it, the route, the power line adaptor it's in all I'm various combinations but it just refuses to get an IP address. It won't even pick up the WiFi adaptor (it did previously) so I can't even attempt to connect via WiFi until I find a way to fix it. Any ideas?

always use hard wired is best as something is fault,rebooting box and router usually works to gain a connection.its a cause of replacing cables homeplugs etc as one maybe faulty?

Yeah I know, wifi was my last resort but it isn't having it. I've tried the box in three different adaptors with multiple cables and I know they all work as they work with everything else that's been connected with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried doing a hard reset on the router. There should be a small hole on the back. With a pin or paper clip hold on for ten seconds.

Is that the only way? This is literally the only device in the entire house that won't connect, even another E2 box is working, but this one refuses.

I've had issues before with my phone using the same IP address as the box, go into the menu settings network and put the box on a static IP address

what box is it and do you see flashing at the lan port,you have gone through the wizard to connect to internet?

I've had issues before with my phone using the same IP address as the box, go into the menu settings network and put the box on a static IP address

Tried that, no joy.

what box is it and do you see flashing at the lan port,you have gone through the wizard to connect to internet?

It's a Vu+ Solo2. I've been through the wizard, and lan port is flashing, just won't have it.

failing everything done and checked i would reflash in case a bug is in there,good box solo2 as i have one.try powering off at back for a min then on and retry

Rebooted several times mate. Tried literally everything I could possibly think of, aside from a reflash. I'll give that a go.

Have you got a back up image mate, does sound like a driver issue on the box?

so a power off at rear did not work and could you try elsewhere in house before a reflash?
i know sometimes things dont work lol

Well that's the thing, it used to be downstairs until things started to go dark, but then in the last two weeks maybe, it's had this issue several times. Took me two days to sort it last time, don't even know what it was it just came back at random. Then it stopped working downstairs (this was at a time when it was directly into the router) but the sat supplier had also pulled the plug at this point so thought we'll just stick it upstairs for IPTV and use the cable box downstairs (don't ask [emoji23]).

Anyway long story short I have tried this in several locations and it just won't connect.

I don't have a backup image, I usually just build my own.

It's telling me there's no confirmed IP and the name server also comes with a Red Cross.

check the socket that the network cable plugs into at the back of the box (sorry for being too technical but don't know what it's called!) I had a box like this and there was a bit of fluff/crud in the socket which effectively stopped it from working because the terminals on the network cable weren't making proper contact. I used a cotton q-tip and it worked ok after that

Is it just the router you have, any network switches?

Just the router, and power line adaptors upstairs, but they aren't the problem as they work with everything else.

Pablo, will try that when I get home. Could be a goer, hopefully save me having to do a reflash too.

Back