Can't connect to internet

Did you reset you internet setting on the box itself
It will wipe all internet setting including ip address

It just stopped working for no apparent reason so I changed it to a static IP. That worked for a few days then it decided to stop working again and now I can't get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it isn't even showing up on my router now as a connected device

Turn off the static IP thing, turn off router and receiver then plug an ethernet directly from router to receiver, power up the router wait 5 minutes... the router by this time would have booted up fully and assigned an IP address to your other devices and now turn on your receiver and it should now assign an IP to it.

Hmm been thinking, had this once on my spare box, tried all you have, did a restore backup fixed it. Looks like a re- flash for you?

Well, I don't think it's entirely related (though it may be to an extent) but I've noticed my superhub keeps rebooting. I know this maybe won't keep it from getting an IP address (the reboots are hours apart) though. Any idea what could be causing that?

Just to complete the circle for anyone who cares. As I say I moved the cable box diwbstairs, which left me having to split the cable feed there. This seems to have been causing the issue as I moved the router upstairs to the other cable feed which the virgin engineer out in to install our TV box (ha). Seems to have stopped the router crashing and the box now works. Kind of get why the router stopped working properly because of the power levels (though it was attached to an attenuator downstairs, dies thisnreduce your signal?) Whereas upstairs it isn't. Still don't quite get why the box refused to pick up an IP address but don't particularly care now I can stream in it again. Thanks for your suggestions, regardless.

Good to hear it's sorted now. Attenuators are used to reduced power levels when they're too high to bring it back within range of -6 to +10 ... if signals are too low though, this needs to be fixed in the cabinet by a VM engineer.

Back