ccam shows all channels, mgcamd on shows some.

johnski

i have a duo box and a nline, when using ccam i can view all the channels, but as it sometimes glitches i wan to try mgcamd but it only shows some channels, im using 135a but have also tried 138, any idea's as to what is wrong?

Is it a c line or an n line?
could be wrong but was told c only really meant for cccam.
First thing id do if its an n is ask supplier. Could be a reason his end.

yes your right sucmnsee C: lines only work in CCcam and can be very glitchy.
you can also put a N: line in CCcam but will cause glitching problems.
N: lines are meant for MGcamd or newcamd which are more stable.

ok managed to find this out, if the channel doesnt work - if i stop then restart the mgcamd the picture comes on, i have the autostart enabled so not really sure as to why i need to stop it then restart it in order to get it to work, slight inconvience though and no biggie.

Also some of the vu duo images have issues with mgcamd, I can't remember which ones right now, you should try OSCam using dvbapi

To run mgcamd properly u must remove any cccam plugin and the CCcam.cfg from etc.
Then autostart should work.

To run mgcamd properly u must remove any cccam plugin and the CCcam.cfg from etc.
Then autostart should work.

many thanks, will try this now

---------- Post Merged at 03:43 PM ----------

mmm, removed the mentioned file & plugin but still need to restart it on certain channels :(

hello, can I jump in please?
im in a similar place.

I have tried a test N line using cccam, it worked fine except for quite a few glitches 6/7 hr.

should I use mgcamd ? and what version?
presumably I should delete the cccam from my Vu Solo2?

is the File Transfer Process to the Vu different? I was sent a CCcam.cfg file, should I ask for a mgcamd.cfg file?

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

just to update, i tried the latest version of vix, BH and openpli and it was the same on them all - ok for a while then when changing channel i would need to restart mgcamd, so i installed an older verion of vix and restore a backup that i made previously (old nline), changed the old line for my new 1 and hey presto it works fine and there is no need to restart the cam, not sure why its ok but it is and thats all that matters :grin:

Ok. Good u got going again. If u wanna try new image again sometime.
Copy the mg_cfg and newcamd.list files inside /usr/keys.
Save them on pc.
load any new image.
put both files back after flash.
copy new line details and edit the old newcamd.list with these.
reboot.

Last edited:
Back