Certain channels take forever to clear

Okay I've noticed something on my OpenATV that I don't think can be seen on OpenVIX. If the msec (I'm guessing milliseconds?) goes over 600, i disconnect from the obscure channels.
How do I make sure I stay below that number?

sGt1zls.jpg

I would say it's a bit of both server and box, some of the receivers have weak tuners. If the server isn't local and goes through several jumps then you will get problems. And has been mentioned before with more people switching over to cable, the servers are getting an increased workload.
Try different builds and make sure cables are good and tight too.

I would say it's a bit of both server and box, some of the receivers have weak tuners. If the server isn't local and goes through several jumps then you will get problems. And has been mentioned before with more people switching over to cable, the servers are getting an increased workload.
Try different builds and make sure cables are good and tight too.

I'm having more success with OpenATV at this moment, the channel isn't freezing every so often as much. I've changed my DNS to the Google ones and also put the code below in my newcamd.list file.
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = #####(port)
It's helping me more in clearing the channel, getting less 1000+msec spikes. What else do you reckon I could do to maintain a low msec?

Could try a cable booster. I have konig booster and that solved all my glitch in.
Why wouldn't it glitch the popular channels as well though? This only affects the obscure ones e.g. NHKWorldHD, ITV 3+1, BET
In my household we watch a lot of NHK, which is why I'm trying to get it resolved :(

By any chance are you using OpenATV 6.0 ? I upgraded a few days ago on my H2H and this seems to be a common occurrence. I'm going to roll back to OpenATV 5.3 to see whether I get the same issue. I don't think its a signal issue as the channels affected (for me its BT Sports HD1 and Sky Sports MIx HD) show signal above 70%. The channels will clear for about 10-15 seconds before freezing.

By any chance are you using OpenATV 6.0 ? I upgraded a few days ago on my H2H and this seems to be a common occurrence. I'm going to roll back to OpenATV 5.3 to see whether I get the same issue. I don't think its a signal issue as the channels affected (for me its BT Sports HD1 and Sky Sports MIx HD) show signal above 70%. The channels will clear for about 10-15 seconds before freezing.

Yeah as recommended by Garyth. However the current provider I'm using, I've not encountered any of the issues I've described. It could very well be the service providers I've been testing have been the issue or changing my dns and adding that line of code before my gift might have solved the issue, sorry I'm not too knowledgeable in this. I'm going to keep my eye on the affected channels the next 24 hours, so fingers crossed.

in my case I'm using a amiko a4 combo box which uses oscam, the sky side of things is fine, cables and splitters are the same as whats already been discussed in this thread, I'd like to get this issue sorted too if anyone has any pointers, if the signal is poor wouldn't it be pixelating then braking up, in my case I mostly get scrambled showing up after looking at the obscure channels if they do clear, yesterday for example Mtv live Hd wasn't running well but the day before I was watching it for ages with no issues.

edmoses I just tried these channels and there fine fir me but let me know how you get on.

edmoses I just tried these channels and there fine fir me but let me know how you get on.
Hey dsayers, could you please try and watch NHKWorldHD and see how it is for you? This is a channel my household watches a lot, so I kinda need it to be sorted :P

When im at work lol ill try before going to work
Thank you, by any chance do you know what I can do to make my connection stronger to the provider? Should I decrease the active to 1? or increase it?
As mentioned before, if I go over 600msec it disconnectes but if i stay below, it doesn't disconnect.

So i checked the channels that were affecting me (Sky Sports Mix HD and BT Sports HD1) and both are now working fine and no longer freeze. I haven't made any change either.

The only thing i did do yesterday was a software update via the blue button.

Back