Channels down Sky Arts 1+2 HD/History HD/Crime HD/Nat Geo HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys. I was just wondering if anyone on here is using the Amiko mini SE HD. Only reason i ask is that on other forums, it has been mentioned that these boxes are still enabling the HD channels that have disapeared. Something to do with using skys dish to bring in the channels but virgins encryption to decrypt the channels. These boxes have no issues wat so ever with HD and are clearing every channel available on astra 28.2e..... are these the answer to the HD issue? Cheers

Morning guys. I was just wondering if anyone on here is using the Amiko mini SE HD. Only reason i ask is that on other forums, it has been mentioned that these boxes are still enabling the HD channels that have disapeared. Something to do with using skys dish to bring in the channels but virgins encryption to decrypt the channels. These boxes have no issues wat so ever with HD and are clearing every channel available on astra 28.2e..... are these the answer to the HD issue? Cheers

I think you've got your wires crossed. The Amiko Mini Combo has a cable and sat tuner. On Sat its the same as every other box. On cable all HD clears as the issue is with Sky and not Virgin. For Virgin you need to be in a cable area with live feed and a cable share.

Never heard of the box myself but did just out of curiosity yesterday check if sky prem HD and the actual newly encrypted channels (not the nonsense people keep posting up about before checking :) ) and they are fine through kryptview HD box which is the same as skybox just on cable side.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Like i said it is Sky who rolling out this epg update. Nothing to do with Virgin, hence all hunky dory on cable.

Enough of the attitude "like I said" people come here for assistance offer ideas and share concepts. I personally think there is something in it and would welcome a more technical answer as to why it could not work. Not your entry level basics of one is virgin other is sky am pretty sure his original statement made it clear he has a grasp of the difference. So why can't a feed be took from a sky dish for sky prem HD and then decoded by a different means to unencrypt for viewing. Am sure there is a good reason beyond my knowledge so educate me please.

Stop posting about cable tv boxes. The problem is with sat boxes and we all know that the cable boxes are clearing the hd channels ok

The cable boxes are nothing to do with the new paring from card and box and is ONLY sat boxes

Please refrain Posting about cable boxes in my post that is about channels going on sat, sky uk, hd ONLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In layman's terms a key for a door wont open another. Sky C line opens Sky channels, Virgin C line opens Virgin channels.

Thanks for a valid and less derogative explanation. I actually fully understand why but think the attitude in here often stinks and makes for an unfriendly forum. If the lesser minds come on asking for an explanation don't just point and laugh. Manners cost nothing. Hope you read this too satmanUK could all be a little more understanding from time to time.

Satman- you need to chill out. Its an open forum. Ok, you created the thread. Well done you. Is there a prize that I dont know about for best related replies to a thread? People come on here and share their views, and rumours from other sites and to find answers to some reasonable questions. The way you want it, you wouldnt have any one at all post on here. Fair enough, when people say channels are down when they are not, that is a head doer- but to constantly shoot people down whe all some are asking for is an answer to some valid questions.

Hi all. My mate reckons if I rotate my dish 180 degrees I can get the HD channels from Australia but might Lose some other channels. Has anybody else tried? I'm gonna give it a go see what happens.

ahhahahahah u cant get aus from the UK, called the curve of the earth :)

sky UK is ONLY on 28.2 east, you are just on a wind up right?

You may not be able to point your dish down under. However you will be able to point it at several other European Sats which will be able to pick up sports etc if they ever go on bskyb broadcast from astra. Can be a lot of hassle however as one channel from one Sat may not be available on another and to get round this a motorized dish would be required. Right now all this is unnecessary and completely over the top. I keep my fingers crossed for a more centralised fix from the servers side which off course is therefore different for the majority and depends fully on your cline provider. Sit tight and keep checking forum for advice.

I heard from a mate,....don't know if its right,
but he pays money to a company called BskyB....and he gets all the channels, even Sky HD premier.
crazy but true

Hi all. My mate reckons if I rotate my dish 180 degrees I can get the HD channels from Australia but might Lose some other channels. Has anybody else tried? I'm gonna give it a go see what happens.

Thanks for the advice guys. My wall now resembles the title sequence from the A Team intro when the machine gun blasts the red background. Just to confirm It doesn't work if you move the dish. I tried loads of different angles and still don't get them missing HD one's in fact nothing at all. The strange thing is I still pick up LFC channel whatever direction the LNB is pointing. Just goes to show you they see this sh1t all over the world. Anyway put my dish back as it was and still only getting LFC. I've belled up sky and they are gonna send an engineer out in the next couple of days to sort it for me. I've got a few questions about my solo and duo I can ask him while he fixes the dish.

I think he was really posting he us moving to oz lol and making us jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back