Channels freezing

Largo

New member here does anyone have a problem with sly sports news jumping a lot more than other channels?

Funny you should say that, because I'm having lots of freezing on this channel, and on the discovery channels.

I wonder if we are with the same supplier.

im having the same problem........ Can it be the suppliers fault though? Wouldn't all channels be freezing?

Thanks for the replies I noticed it was better around 8ish but in the morning was really bad. Might see what it likes in the morning and report back here

You can make sure your connected via ethernet, Wi-Fi tends to result in glitching

more information on what box you have and setup would help too

If it was server it would freeze on all paid channels. Check your signal SNR on that channel and which fec it is using, some openboxes or reported to be having problems with the newer Fec setting.

If it was server it would freeze on all paid channels. Check your signal SNR on that channel and which fec it is using, some openboxes or reported to be having problems with the newer Fec setting.

It seems to be happening on atleast 3 other servers I know of & I'm on a Zgemma's on 2 different servers. People who have these & other types of boxes in my area & beyond are complaining of the same thing so must be everyones affected

What about your internet connection? Do your speeds reduce when it's happening due to people being home and everyone being online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm connected thru Ethernet in on an openbox v8s, my internet connection is the same when it freezes and when it doesn't. SNR strength is good up around 70%. Strange isn't it that it's just those channels

Yeah I'm connected thru Ethernet in on an openbox v8s, my internet connection is the same when it freezes and when it doesn't. SNR strength is good up around 70%. Strange isn't it that it's just those channels

Rule out your provider end by trying a test line from someone else, back up your 2 lines, not sure as to why people need 2 but hey ho. Try the test line and see how the box performs. You could always factory reset the box and install both line and channel list from scratch and see if this changes anything, possible upgrade of firmware may help if the box is more than a year old.
If after all of the above is tried, tested and exhausted, bin it and buy a Zgemma H2S lol

Rule out your provider end by trying a test line from someone else, back up your 2 lines, not sure as to why people need 2 but hey ho. Try the test line and see how the box performs. You could always factory reset the box and install both line and channel list from scratch and see if this changes anything, possible upgrade of firmware may help if the box is more than a year old.
If after all of the above is tried, tested and exhausted, bin it and buy a Zgemma H2S lol

I got zgemma s in one room & hs in the other, reason I got 2 lines is cos I have friends on the same server as me and others on the other. If one starts playing up & also friend is saying his is the same... then we know it's the server. :)
personally myself I don't see the logic in having a hs2 cos they just repeat, repeat, repeat programs over n over so how can you not miss anything to record stuff. Wifes got her tv n I got mine :)

Thanks mate, when you say back up my line do you mean just write copy of it all down and then put it back in after tried the test. The box is only 6 months so think firmware is ok. I am going to be doing that I move house in a few months and looking at buying a zgemma when I do that. Do you currently have a reliable provider that your happy with it?

I got zgemma s in one room & hs in the other, reason I got 2 lines is cos I have friends on the same server as me and others on the other. If one starts playing up & also friend is saying his is the same... then we know it's the server. :)
personally myself I don't see the logic in having a hs2 cos they just repeat, repeat, repeat programs over n over so how can you not miss anything to record stuff. Wifes got her tv n I got mine :)

Yeah I see what you mean re: two lines but you really only need one. The Zgemma s on the one room could be the tuner. I know of a few who have had these boxes with a connection and were complaining of it being a bit flakey, however when the same connection was used on the H2S the quality is flawless.
Just a quickie re: the provider, your connections are multiroom enabled yeah, as in do you have the same connections in both boxes?

Thanks mate, when you say back up my line do you mean just write copy of it all down and then put it back in after tried the test. The box is only 6 months so think firmware is ok. I am going to be doing that I move house in a few months and looking at buying a zgemma when I do that. Do you currently have a reliable provider that your happy with it?

If the box is only 6 moths old, goto menu> network upgrade> ok on server> ok on firmware and see if there's a newer one, upgrade it. You should have your connection details kept safe somewhere anyway, this being the case you can add manually anyway, sometimes easier to do it that way

Yeah I see what you mean re: two lines but you really only need one. The Zgemma s on the one room could be the tuner. I know of a few who have had these boxes with a connection and were complaining of it being a bit flakey, however when the same connection was used on the H2S the quality is flawless.
Just a quickie re: the provider, your connections are multiroom enabled yeah, as in do you have the same connections in both boxes?

Lost me abit there lol. I have multiroom server provider on both lines but different boxes. only one code in each box

Back