ET8500 QUAD TUNER Daft flaw in my Xtrend 8500. Is this at all possible ?????

skronk

Hi,

I know this sounds daft. Xtrend 8500 2 x sat and 2 x cable tuners.Cable tuners set as not connected as no cable yet. Showing "no free tuner" when recording one channel. Have tried all tuner permutations.
Change skin from SlyHD and fault seems to have gone.

Possible at all, or should I expect flaw to return ?

Thanks

Just out of interest can you try recording a HD channel and watch a HD channel as I'm having issues doing that. I get a bit of glitching on the watched channel but the recording is fine, really weird.

I'm going to try it back on vix when I get chance, my issues have been on ATV 5.3, but I've since found the annoying problem has surfaced on 5.2
I gave up flashing vix as there was an obvious bug in the flash as the box started playing up straight away. Hoping to find a solution soon ;-)

no free tuner ok one program in record mode ok,second tuner does it have a signal in signal finder? is someone streaming which ties up the tuner?

glitching on hd whats signal like on both tuners remember hd likes that bit extra.splitter and feeds good?

no free tuner ok one program in record mode ok,second tuner does it have a signal in signal finder? is someone streaming which ties up the tuner?
Only me and wife here so no streaming.
Tuner being recorded shows good signal in sat finder.
Other tuner shows zero signal in sat finder.
I have switched off all wifi devices and blow me.....both tuners are working.
Why does this not happen with my duo and venton boxes?

Thanks

Still working with everything reconnected and in use. Phone, tablet, laptop etc. I can't understand it !!

There's definitely something going on with these boxes as mine can settle down then just turn on me. It's actually driving me daft, so ive put the nuisance thing back in the box and I'll comeback to it when ive a break from it.

Don't want to rattle £300 on a temperamental box though !

Has anyone else got odd things going on with these receivers ? Let us know, eh ?

I've got 3 mates all with the same issue, ATV 5.2 seems to be the best image at the moment, I try vix out again as when I flashed that image the box went up the wall, so I put ATV 5.2 on. 2 of my pals have intermittent problems, I managed to get my stable for 1 night, the 4th box is up the wall.
I might actually send my back, I'll end up getting divorced over it.

A wee bouquet/providers/sat issue(I did restore my 5.3 settings into it so...:) ) but recordings wise ok I think - for all I do mind you!

Back