data usage?

pigeon87

Hi, just wondering how much internet data the boxes use? My mates after one but at min only got 30hours of data and hes just wondering if that was enough?

Providing you arent streaming or downloading movies (such as via TSmedia), and only using it for accessing server, the amount of data useage is minimal and wont affect his data too much. 30 hours of useage?? what kind of internet provider is he with??

Cheers for the reply, honeslty couldnt tell you, just seen his dad the other day "whos a dinosaur" when it comes to even the basic technology so it could be even something completely different. Atleast i can let him know it wont use much

I have 10 gb per month which runs 4 boxes plus 3 laptops and iphones with no problem

30 Hours a month is the kind of contract you got on Dial-Up, e.g AOL Online!

I dont think any ADSL provider restricts by hours, just data usage.

Are you sure your pal's dad "Who's a dinosaur" isn't confusing "30 hours a month" with "Enough gigabyte allowance to stream the equivalent of 30hrs per month of TV/Films"

Sounds like a 10gig cap.
As a wild guess, and thats all it is, i 'imagine' 1 dual tuner box recording 10-20% of the time, it'd still only be about 1-3 gig a month. But thats just where my completely unfounded gut estimate lies lol

Just seen him and asked. He said hes with bt and got the lowesr tariff which he thinks is 500mb? Said he only got it to use inet on his tablet every now and again. Dont think that will be enough will it?

You sure hes not talking about his mobile contract at 500mb?
Either way, run it for a month to see. All they will do is warn first time over and bump u up to next tarriff second time

Back