Decisions, decisions .. Vermin or IPTV what should i go for?

Got a free line off one of my suppliers so just stuck it on box with the other one. Never had a glitch yet.

why you got 2 lines?
I run two lines as well. The full tv bundle is around £80 so I'm not sure where you get £170 a month from.

If there a provider issue you don't notice. As it switches to the other. Plus there is less glitching as it picks the server with the fastest response. Both my lines are stable enough to watch on there own, but seeing as they are cheap enough it's nice to have the back up.

I don't really understand the £40 and rouges gallery comment as someone selling a cheaper line will probably be getting more customers hence revenue to fund the server. If it is £15 or £100 they are both selling a cs service both rouges same as us for useing it

Last edited:
I run two lines as well. The full tv bundle is around £80 so I'm not sure where you get £170 a month from.

If there a provider issue you don't notice. As it switches to the other. Plus there is less glitching as it picks the server with the fastest response. Both my lines are stable enough to watch on there own, but seeing as they are cheap enough it's nice to have the back up.

I don't really understand the £40 and rouges gallery comment as someone selling a cheaper line will probably be getting more customers hence revenue to fund the server. If it is £15 or £100 they are both selling a cs service both rouges same as us for useing it

Do you have any idea how much a full sub costs on a vm card? Racing Uk is more than your £15 a month line.
Your little £80 bundle is the norm for a genuine sub, you haven't factored in all the add ons.

You have a lot to learn if you believe that £15 lines generate more lines, therefore server maintained
Have you noticed sky's gone dark?
Never used to be dark until eBay etc started the £15 lines and funnily enough most got fleeced and then came here. Same things happened on here, prices being undercut and hence the Rogues gallery for members who apparently ripped people off.

If you think the cheaper the better then fair play, if you think it funds a server better, your in dreamland. Just saying......oh and one line is suffice.

Last edited:
100% Vermin, I pay £35/month which I know could be cheaper but the service is so flawless I wouldn't bother shopping around!

Not sure how good the Zgemma boxes are but on a VU+ Solo SE V2 running Openvix it's better than the TIVO UI...

It's all about the maths, say a server costs £10k/year to run, provider A is charging £100/year the costs are covered by 100 users, provider B that charges £15/year needs 667 users to cover the costs. Now saying the providers are not being greedy and both want to make £10k/year profit from each server. Provider A at £100 a sub he just needs 200 users, provider B at £15 year he needs 1334 users, or maybe he's using a less powerful server to save a few quid so would not need quite that number of users.

Which of the 2 servers do we think is going to be the most realiable/stable server at peak times?

These figures are not real, costs could be higher or lower but whatever they are it's the same issue lower costs = more users on server = more chance of overloading.

You should be able to get a good server for about £20-£30 / year in the UK,

Maths lesson over, don't forget your homework for next lesson

grog68

Last edited:
It's all about the maths, say a server costs £10k/year to run, provider A is charging £100/year the costs are covered by 100 users, provider B that charges £15/year needs 667 users to cover the costs. Now saying the providers are not being greedy and both want to make £10k/year profit from each server. Provider A at £100 a sub he just needs 200 users, provider B at £15 year he needs 1234 users, or maybe he's using a less powerful server to save a few quid so would not need quite that number of users.

Which of the 2 servers do we think is going to be the most realiable/stable server at peak times?

These figures are not real, costs could be higher or lower but whatever they are it's the same issue lower costs = more users on server = more chance of overloading.

grog68

aha, but if you buy 2 lines off that overloaded server does that mean you get a better service? lol

aha, but if you buy 2 lines off that overloaded server does that mean you get a better service? lol
Maybe, well if you're the only one who buys 2 lines then no as you still have 1332 others on the servver, but if everyone had 2 lines then they would only need 667 customers so the service would improve but everyone's cost has doubled.

Do you have any idea how much a full sub costs on a vm card? Racing Uk is more than your £15 a month line.
Your little £80 bundle is the norm for a genuine sub, you haven't factored in all the add ons.

You have a lot to learn if you believe that £15 lines generate more lines, therefore server maintained
Have you noticed sky's gone dark?
Never used to be dark until eBay etc started the £15 lines and funnily enough most got fleeced and then came here. Same things happened on here, prices being undercut and hence the Rogues gallery for members who apparently ripped people off.

If you think the cheaper the better then fair play, if you think it funds a server better, your in dreamland. Just saying......oh and one line is suffice.
Wow you really think eBay brought cs to a end. Most got fleeced how do you know this do you control all sales on there? I've had plenty of lines from there with no problem. It means I can have backup in place and still pay less.

It's all about the maths, say a server costs £10k/year to run, provider A is charging £100/year the costs are covered by 100 users, provider B that charges £15/year needs 667 users to cover the costs. Now saying the providers are not being greedy and both want to make £10k/year profit from each server. Provider A at £100 a sub he just needs 200 users, provider B at £15 year he needs 1334 users, or maybe he's using a less powerful server to save a few quid so would not need quite that number of users.

grog68
I've never had a problem with my servers watching Ppv or footy(useing single line) I've read on here that guys have problems with there servers recommended from here. Now I'm not saying it don't get fixed (sometimes it hasn't and others get involved) as we can all have a issue.

Running two servers in oscam it is asking bothservers at the same time for a picture and the fastest responds. For both to be overloaded at the same ecm time is doubtful.

I see you say you could get a good server for around £20 that's half the price of the original post I commented on. So I don't need a maths lesson thanks as that's the price I based my assumptions on. Perhaps you should read the price of the server being quoted.

Wow you really think eBay brought cs to a end. Most got fleeced how do you know this do you control all sales on there? I've had plenty of lines from there with no problem. It means I can have backup in place and still pay less.

Ebay etc, facebook, gumtree, twitter, you got me now. The best kept secret was destroyed by those mentioned and I'm not sure how long you've been involved in the c/s game but not so long ago we had full HD, which IMHO went tits up due to all the names mentioned. When forums first started the word "Server" was an instant ban. Now whilst we have one thread on TK which is then taken up privately by members, they're are many other forums now which are as open as you like. Why you may ask? because if you can be as open about it on Ebay etc, then the forums had to adapt.
With regards to me controlling ebay sales and saying most got fleeced, I'm sure there are many on here that will agree that the number of folk who arrive on the TK doorstep have been shafted by those on that site. Just read through the posts on the request threads and its all there to see. Those are the facts!

Ebay etc, facebook, gumtree, twitter, you got me now. The best kept secret was destroyed by those mentioned and I'm not sure how long you've been involved in the c/s game but not so long ago we had full HD, which IMHO went tits up due to all the names mentioned. When forums first started the word "Server" was an instant ban. Now whilst we have one thread on TK which is then taken up privately by members, they're are many other forums now which are as open as you like. Why you may ask? because if you can be as open about it on Ebay etc, then the forums had to adapt.
With regards to me controlling ebay sales and saying most got fleeced, I'm sure there are many on here that will agree that the number of folk who arrive on the TK doorstep have been shafted by those on that site. Just read through the posts on the request threads and its all there to see. Those are the facts!
Sly we're working on Icam long before any of that. They rolled it out in Italy a couple of years ago, they also had to develop and test it. This has been a long time being implemented, long before the the explosion on those sites

Sly we're working on Icam long before any of that. They rolled it out in Italy a couple of years ago, they also had to develop and test it. This has been a long time being implemented, long before the the explosion on those sites
I know exactly what happened in Italy, which was a totally different situ to the UK.

Wow you must work for nds to know exactly. Pherhaps we have another lee gibling

Wow you must work for nds to know exactly. Pherhaps we have another lee gibling

Aye very good! I think we both know what I meant and it ain't the place to start discussing it
I refer back to me previous posts which are the hard facts
Again I'm sure many tekkers, past, present will whole heartedly agree....Just saying

As others have said Cable is very stable but to be honest I don't have any trouble with iptv,very good quality and loads more channels.

Back