Does TM Twin support transcoding

gazza97

Hi everyone, simple question as I cannot find transcoding in any menu nor can I see it when looking for plugins to download.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

You can stream to other devices using openwebif or vu+ app and then possibly do a screen capture and save in a different format

Thanks, I can stream on my local network using the VU+ app but cannot get it to work over mobile. I just keep getting an error message cannot connect to your receiver?

You can stream to other devices using openwebif or vu+ app and then possibly do a screen capture and save in a different format

transcoding as far as understand it just means you do not need as fast upload and download speeds. I have fibre optic internet and it works fine on the vu+ app on my phone tablet etc. however, when I had regular broadband speeds it was not very good at all.

thanks Mike. I also have fibre, but cannot get the app to connect over 3g. It works fine in the house on the local netork
Guess I must have some setting wrong on the receiver

to be able to stream outside your house you need to sign upto a dns server and configure your router

Thanks Mike, but I already have a dns server and can connect to my synology nas remotely. All the relevant ports are open, however when I type in my dns into the navigation bar it does default to port 5000
Maybe this is the issue

cannot see why it is not working ports 80, 8001-8002 should be open. as long as you have setup vu+ player correctly you should have no problems. I take it is is working on the home network ok.

Hi Mike, yes it works fine on the home network, just refuses to connect over 3g. Ill have another go over the weekend

Back