Dog Bite

blimey Franco just seen this thread that bite does look nasty, but looks like its healing well.
I like dogs but would never own one mainly for same reason as HT time and patience. Reptiles need much less care :)

Ive been bitten (tagged) by various reptiles over the yrs, those were bad enough but that bite makes my bites look silly. 10ft pythons teeth are not as large as a dogs - not sure if they are as sharpe. But i would def go and get a jab if you have not had one in the last 10 yrs. Must admit id be far more scared of a dog bite than a reptile bite.
As the original story is 3 pages back cant remember if you said the owner said at least sorry to you or offered you any help - probably not!
Glad your doing ok

Actually Franco, I think he meant "Will you still be part of this earthly planet by years end" :whistling:

Oh ok. Well I hope so. Just taking it one hour at a time. I'm just hoping things settle down and start to be a little normal soon.:beg:

:) Yeah I know you're right I should have gone to the doctor. If I would have started foaming at the mouth I would have gone in.

Here's what it looks like now,in two days it will be a month. Not too bad I think :dunno:

View attachment 6463

View attachment 6464

View attachment 6465

Yeah I know you're right I should have gone to the doctor. If I would have started foaming at the mouth I would have gone in.

Here's what it looks like now,in two days it will be a month. Not too bad I think

nah franco,you dont foam at the mouth,your jaw locks,either open or closed,and thats the luck of the draw.LOL

Thanls Aldan :faint: Here's what I found...

What are the symptoms of rabies in people?

After an average of 30 to 50 days (as short as 14 days or longer than a year) from exposure to a rabid animal, a person develops an illness that may include fever, sore throat, stiff muscles, headache, tiredness, restlessness, nausea, and itching or tingling at the site of the bite. As the disease progresses, a person may become agitated, with periods of calm. Fear of water caused by severe throat spasms when trying to drink may occur. Paralysis then starts in the legs and moves towards the head. Most people die from cardiac arrest or respiratory failure within a short period after onset of illness.

"fear of water" That's why I haven't taken a shower in the past month!! Well the owner said the dog had it's shots...Hope he wasn't lying.

thought id add to this :) not to worry you Franco but it says 19 yrs :(

this is from the UK NHS site
Rabies is a very serious viral infection that targets the brain and nervous system. It is spread by animals to humans.Once the symptoms of rabies have developed, the condition is almost always fatal.

The symptoms of rabies include:

numbness at the bite site
high temperature (fever) of 38ºC (100.º4) or above
hydrophobia – an irrational fear of water
hallucinations – seeing or hearing things that are not real

The incubation period

The incubation period is the time that it takes for symptoms to develop after a person is infected with a virus. The incubation period for rabies is usually between three and 12 weeks, although it can be as short as four days or as long as 19 years.
Code:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rabies/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

also there was a lady earlier this yr that was on holiday in India got bitten by a dog came home felt ill hospital ignored her and sadly she passed away - illness was rabies :(
Not that anyone is trying to scare you - we all care, so maybe a trip to have a few tests done might be an idea!

Would you have gone to the hospital if you thought it might be HIV? both rabies and HIV/Aids can be fatal!!

hey franco,i meant you are more likely to get tetanus from the bites.thats only one needle.as far as i know there is no "booster" for rabies as there is for tetanus.if i remember correctly,if you think you have rabies there is a regimine of shots you have to go thru and sometimes they can be as deadly as the disease.animals usually exhibit pretty noticable syptoms when they have rabies.add in the fact that if you had been infected with either rabies or tetanus (lockjaw),you would likely have symptoms by now.cheers.Al.

Thanks guys, I figured if I had it i would have shown it by now, and that i could get the shots whenever. I didn't know it could take months to show signs and that by that time it is to late for the shots. That kinds freaks me out.I dont think I have it but there is a small part of me that worries. Im gonna call a doctor and see about getting a test done. I looked up the cost on the series of shot.... the cost ranges from $2,000 - 7,000 If rabies doesnt kill me the doctor bill will :whacko:

Could you say that again Franco? Your words are kind of blurred and foamy :leaving: :sorry:

I looked up the cost on the series of shot.... the cost ranges from $2,000 - 7,000 If rabies doesnt kill me the doctor bill will
OMG forgot you guys have to pay per treatment. Here is the UK we have what they call the National Health Service - which is FREE!! But we do pay for drugs at a cost of £7.20 (GBP) per item from the GP. we usually go to gp who send us to hospital with a list of tests we need - that cost us nothing.
For example i had to have an X-Ray and blood tests done recently - cost 0.00

actually franco,you dont get tested.the dog does.if you can find the dog i believe the owner is bound to have him tested if you push it.

actually franco,you dont get tested.the dog does.if you can find the dog i believe the owner is bound to have him tested if you push it.

Well there actually is a test they can do for humans. And if they were to test the dog they would have to kill it. I know sounds crazy, but true. I guess they have to get a sample from the brain to get a 100% accurate result. But most of the time they just quarantine the dog for 10 day and observe it.

ive heard of the test in humans but because the disease can take so long to manifest itself i dont think its as accurate as testing the animal.if the dog had rabies i think the symptoms would be pretty obvious. be nice to throw a scare into his owner tho.

Back