Double Trouble

contracts34

I have two boxes in different rooms (a 2s and a H2S) both running wooshbuild, both on Mgcam, each with a separate line. When both on together I get freezing. Could this be a router issue?
My router is a BTHub5 and my fibre speed is steady at 37Mb

What times of day are both boxes turned on? If it's at peak time (evening) it could simply be your provider is getting overloaded. Does the same thing happen if both boxes are on in the early afternoon say?

What times of day are both boxes turned on? If it's at peak time (evening) it could simply be your provider is getting overloaded. Does the same thing happen if both boxes are on in the early afternoon say?

No pattern really can happen anytime. Also each line is from different providers

Do you get freezing on both boxes or just one?
Have you got both tuners set up on both boxes hence 2 x lines?
If your lines are is multiroom (some servers allow up to 4 connections) try the better line on both boxes, or put both lines in both boxes. You need to have a play around to see what the best set up is. A decent line which allows 4 connections should be stable on both boxes running at the same time.
You could also try rebooting your router, then reboot box

FYI : I've had a twin tuner and 2 single tuners running all on the same line with no freezing so it can be done :-)

Still no joy and I think I have now exhausted everything that I can think of.
- Been up to the dish and remade all connections
- Remade connections at both boxes
- Replaced both Ethernet cables
- Tried each line (have 2) on each box. Makes no difference.
- Have rebooted both boxes and even re-flashed one on them.
- Have rebooted router several times.

I always getting freezing of non FTA channels if both boxes are connected to the router, even if the other is in standby. If I remove the Ethernet cable from the box in standby, the other box works fine. Tried all permutations. Could my router be preventing the lines working when both connected to the router?

I have now run out of ideas so any thoughts would be very very very much appreciated. :beg:

One last thing you could try is turning your BT hub into a modem (you would need to log in to the router) change the settings so it's acting as a modem only. Then (here's the tricky part) borrow a wireless router off someone or buy one with a view of taking it back should this experiment not work. Then set up your wireless router to control all your existing devices etc and of cause plug your 2 receivers (ZGemmas )into the new router.

One last thing you could try is turning your BT hub into a modem (you would need to log in to the router) change the settings so it's acting as a modem only. Then (here's the tricky part) borrow a wireless router off someone or buy one with a view of taking it back should this experiment not work. Then set up your wireless router to control all your existing devices etc and of cause plug your 2 receivers (ZGemmas )into the new router.

Hi
I have tried another BT Hub router just in case but to no avail. Could it be a setting in the router? I'm at a loss!

Last edited:
You could try the two lines you have at another address to confirm that the problem lies within you setup/house
You would need someone with a couple of ZGemmas to mimic your setup. (This is something I can do for you if you want, totally understand if you wouldn't wish to pass on your details)
Apart from that I'm a little stuck now. Someone who is well up on routers/modems etc would need to come along and give some guidance.

Must admit it's a weird one, let us know how you get on. Could be valuable information for others if they come across this ;-)

Hi
I have BThub5 with fibre running 2 boxes with no issues at all , im using homeplugs

do you have seperate cables going to the lnb for both boxes ?

Hi
I have BThub5 with fibre running 2 boxes with no issues at all , im using homeplugs

Yes and I ran a new cable when I set up the second box. Using a homeplug on one of them but to make sure that wasn't the issue, I trailed a long Ethernet cable from the router to the box, but no difference. I'm stumped!

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 PM ----------

Not that I'm aware of. Just running usual Avast AV on the desktop

---------- Post Merged at 09:19 PM ----------

Any guards, protection, running on the hub?

Not that I'm aware of. Just running usual Avast AV on the desktop

---------- Post Merged at 09:20 PM ----------

Hi

Could we compare router settings maybe?

the router settings are just the standard ones which it come with , i have not adjusted anything
have the boxes got different IP address ?
Im running vix by the way

the router settings are just the standard ones which it come with , i have not adjusted anything
have the boxes got different IP address ?
Im running vix by the way

Yes each have their own IP address. I have tried both on Vix, both on open ATV and currently have one on each (sucmnsee vix and wooshbuild)

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------

would I need to use port forwarding?

the only difference is i have 2x H2s boxes running sucmnsee i have 1 nline and 1 cline, the cline is multiroom and works on both boxes

when you get the freezing try swapping the 2 tuner cables around on the box and see if that is any different

Back