Double Trouble

the only difference is i have 2x H2s boxes running sucmnsee i have 1 nline and 1 cline, the cline is multiroom and works on both boxes

when you get the freezing try swapping the 2 tuner cables around on the box and see if that is any different

Yes I'll give it a go. Willing to try anything now ROFL

what i would do is remove the box with the homeplug and connect it to the router wired . so to eliminate and narrow down the causes. what make is your homeplug ?

I'd go for BT acting as a modem only
New wireless router (decent one)
Ethernet cable to both boxes (no home plugs)
I'd be surprised after this if you have a problem

why dont you try disabling tuner b and running them with 1 coax cable to see if thats any better , it could be a faulty coax cable somewhere

Still having this issue :damn:Both mu lines are from recommended providers (one from this site) so I don't think the lines are the issue, but I'm damned if I know what is. My Mrs is now losing patience with my efforts to resolve and wants to go back to Sly! I will not give in though lol
Just to float a few thoughts, could it be something like this?
- A spike in my internet (although it looks very stable and the glitches don't appear on the 2 boxes at the same time)
- An issue with the BT Hub5
- Wind blowing in from the east

Any help to resolve will be very very very very much appreciated.

Just an idea,go into settings on your home hub and turn off smart set up.
Might not make any difference but prob worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just an idea,go into settings on your home hub and turn off smart set up.
Might not make any difference but prob worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks already done that even before I got the Zgemma's. This is why I'm running out of idea's

Should I expect an element of freezing? Am I expecting too much not to have it freeze at all?

There was a guy on here with similar issues that somehow managed to get a new hub from bt and it fixed similar problems. It wasn't his box after all...

test your ping time and u could try port forwarding router the port line uses no line is freeze free but should not spoil your viewing maybe odd glitch

Last edited:
test your ping time and u could try port forwarding router the port line uses no line is freeze free but should not spoil your viewing maybe odd glitch

Ping times are 23ms which seems fine and I have already set port forwarding. The glitches can be every couple of minutes

Did you manage to try what I suggested ? if you have then it's a faulty BT hub

That's my next step when I borrow the Draytek router. Thanks for the suggestion

Could a home plug (which is on one box only) cause issues on both boxes though? The H2S is Ethernet directly from the router.

In theory yes, as everything is connected together, home plugs can pick up interference and cause issues. Not everyone has issues using home plugs I might add. I would hard wire everything to get the best experience out of your TV viewing.

Hi
Quick update. I have done as suggested above. Using the BTHub 5 as modem only with a Draytek 2830n as the router. Hardwired an Ethernet cable to the box previously using homeplugs.
There has been an improvement, but still get a few glitches.

Back