Driveway iced up good HACK

cactikid

VIP Member
Bet plenty of you have driveway or path lethal to walk on and need a quick fix.

0_Crystale-Dishwash-Salt-Dealz.jpg

Simple and cheap to clear your path and driveway

Table salt is too fine and will wash away and that bag was 2 euro but think seen it cheaper
Yes 1 euro and 9 cent for 2kg

Attachments

• supervalu salt.jpg
    supervalu salt.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 6
Here's a better idea. Go and borrow some from a grit box
I maybe incorrect but I thought you can be prosecuted in the UK for doing that. Grit box’s are meant to be for public roads/footpaths. You only need one do gooder to report you to the local authority.

I maybe incorrect but I thought you can be prosecuted in the UK for doing that. Grit box’s are meant to be for public roads/footpaths. You only need one do gooder to report you to the local authority.
It's all about stealth

I remember as a kid being sent to the salt pile (we didn't have boxes in the sticks then) to get buckets of salt, and being told to do all the elderly neighbours paths as well,
All the kids round our way done it, was a bit of a game to us, see who done the best job.

Who is doing it now.
idle buggers down my road stayed in when all the road was frozen over. They even had the decency to watch me salt the road from the back of my van with the "donated grit" off the local authorities. then they started going out in their cars once it had thawed out. No thanks from them. i just salt my own drive and part of the road now. they can get snowed in and freeze to death as far as im concerned. tossers

There's three or four of these grit bins in my area, the nearest one to me is 200 yards away.
If I go to it and spread grit in the road there, I'm doing a public service, if I fill a carrier bag and spread it in the road near my house I'm a thief.

Sounds about right, I mean only the roads near the grit bins get icy.
Yeah you go and purchase a grit bin from your local council planning office for business premises and you have to pay for them to fill it aswell and cant use your own product in it ffs 🤔🤔🤔 .
There' s a new row of houses where a local hospital once stood many years ago and the road to it is on a fairly steep incline.
An application was made for a grit bin to be installed and refused on the grounds of there at not been any accidents or collisions ffs WTF is that all about 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😂😂😂😂😂

In the good old days the gritters used to do all the roads around here not just main roads. The council used to come around and clean drains out. Nowadays they've got plants and other crap in them. Council are a waste of time. They like to keep putting council tax up every year but the services become less and less. Pay extra for policing, street lighting. There's no manned police stations, half the lighting is off, bin collection getting less frequent. Going a bit off topic there.
As I said before, it's about stealth and not being a knob head on tiktok

Back